Downsizing

campervanannie

So Bill and I have decided to downsize from our Rapido F763 to something smaller a panel van type so at the moment looking for the van that fits us preferred layout is either bench seats or fixed bed in the rear with a dinette at the front giving us 4 traveling seats then the usual toilet sink shower fridge 2/3 ring Hob with a grill not bothered about an oven got a few ideas of models that suit but what I would like is a list of dealers like Highbridge that are in Somerset and Devon around the rest of the country so we can call in on our travels until we find the one we want please post any dealers in your area that’s worth a look at distance is not a problem.

If your in Kent then I would avoid Choose Leisure, they have a good selection but once sold couldn't give a toss.

What you going to do about your scooter Annie, trailer?

Cameron McNish has a new video on YouTube showing his new van, he praised a dealer in Chesterfield he bought it off but can’t remember what name, you could maybe check his video?

What you going to do about your scooter Annie, trailer?

Cameron McNish has a new video on YouTube showing his new van, he praised a dealer in Chesterfield he bought it off but can’t remember what name, you could maybe check his video?
My trike over the years has fit in a t4 and a Peugeot Boxer but I do have a smaller all retains outer that will fit in most small vans.

Have a look at some small MHs. We have a Carthago 138 and it's the same size as some of the vans 6.5m but there is far more room inside.

Have you thought about / got budget for, a converted van made to your specs? Our new base van (£17000 pre reg) was converted by Suffolk Campers (now Newbourne campers) and cost £12000 which made it comparable with second hand. They mainly do transporter vans but have seen other vans they convert.

Have a look at some small MHs. We have a Carthago 138 and it's the same size as some of the vans 6.5m but there is far more room inside.
How is the build quality on the carthago?
We cant find one (malibu) with port hole windows to check for ourselves. We have sort of settled for this model.

Build quality is very good they have done a fine job keeping the weight down. Lots of nice features including a massive under floor locker. Big garage with bed over and bed at the front over the cab seats. Had a few niggles but all been sorted. The oven found itself outside the MH and advertised on EBay. What a load of junk. Fitted a drawer instead and Southdowns provided a drawer front so everything matched. Because of the lightweight construction the factory only have a sort of skeleton cupboard framework but the oven needed it's own sealed box because of the way it was built with an uninsulated vent that runs over the top and out the front. Hotter on the outside than the inside. Romoska is far better. We have continued the theme of lightweight with lightweight solar panels and a couple of lightweight gas bottles. Really enjoying it. Been great down some of these Welsh lanes.

Could you be going back?
We bought this one instead
0017B14C-0E2E-48C0-811A-DFD115B4A656.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back