Do I go left or right. Romania or Serbia?

Gee

Free Member
Hi folks, Currently coming to the end of my month in Bulgaria after overwintering in Greece/Turkey and slowly heading back to the UK. Can't make my mind up between Serbia or Romania for the next couple weeks. Anyone been to both?
I like my rural/mountain/river/lake scenery and old towns. Usually drop into a campsite once a week for personal admin (dhobi and a good scrub). Also enjoy the twice weekly treat of a meal out and a few beers sitting outside a restaurant. Not bothered about the big cities as I've avoided them in every country this trip.
Those who have experienced both, would you recommend one over the other. Because I'm coming from Bulgaria no covid restrictions are in place at either border. I've also got the green card for both countries. Want to enjoy them as once I get to Hungary it's transit only through most of the rest. Thank you

Reactions: GMJ
Hi folks, Currently coming to the end of my month in Bulgaria after overwintering in Greece/Turkey and slowly heading back to the UK. Can't make my mind up between Serbia or Romania for the next couple weeks. Anyone been to both?
I like my rural/mountain/river/lake scenery and old towns. Usually drop into a campsite once a week for personal admin (dhobi and a good scrub). Also enjoy the twice weekly treat of a meal out and a few beers sitting outside a restaurant. Not bothered about the big cities as I've avoided them in every country this trip.
Those who have experienced both, would you recommend one over the other. Because I'm coming from Bulgaria no covid restrictions are in place at either border. I've also got the green card for both countries. Want to enjoy them as once I get to Hungary it's transit only through most of the rest. Thank you
Take it no one has been then? Anyway I chose Romania as I've always wanted to explore Transylvania.

Enjoy. Please do update. We had Romania on our wishlist a few years back (Transylvania too, it was October) but we didn't make it as we spent a bit more time in Hungary and drove to Bulgaria then Greece via Serbia. Loved what little we saw of Serbia and the roads were great. Would love to spend some more time in those parts of Europe once the kids have grown up.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back