Dirty cassette dumpers in Aberystwyth

Surely, that difference is totally irrelevant. What a nit-picking comment!!! :unsure:
It was a container from a toilet, containing human waste. Just as bad whether it came out of a cassette or a porta-potty. The whole point is that the people from that vehicle were actually seen emptying it out. :mad: :poop::mad::poop::mad:
Not nitpicking flower,porta potty are the domain of day vans, cassettes motorhomes,

How could it be proven, a chap i deal with was seen with dog doing its biz and a warden went to him to give a ticket, he just walked for miles round the beach head and over rocks so the warden gave up, later he got his son to take him back to car park to get his car, impossible to police unless you give name and address.

More importantly Trev.
The warden quite rightly was attempting to fine the individual who left the mess.
Not seeking to treat every dog owner the same by banning all dog walkers.
Just imagine the public outcry if that was ever attempted.

ail part of hate campaign against campers .proberbly fake news
NO it is NOT fake news. My close friends saw it with their own eyes. No doubt there are many hate campaigns against campers, but I would not have posted this if there had been any shred of doubt about the validity of the information.

Unbelievable, again the few spoil it for everybody else. We were at Aberystwyth a couple of weeks ago (not in our motorhome). The council had put a separate laminated sign up as there were loads of vans there, asking people not to put table and chairs out. Within 5 feet of the notice there were 6 people sat out on the road with table and chairs. They don’t help themselves.

Ceredigion's motorhome parkings at Aberystwyth and Cardigan were a trial to gauge how it would work, the trial ended at the end of September and overnight stays are no longer officially permitted.

The trial will be reviewed sometime next year. I'm not in a position to predict the outcome, suffice to say they are well aware of the problems at Aberystwyth.

@Hawthorn is it too late for your friends to report what happened to the authorities? Even without proof at least action has been taken...you never know, there might be a cctv nearby which could corroborate? As the vehicle was photographed by then also, and this could be identified as being around at the time, an interview as potential witness (!) could be done. Unlikely really but might make your friends feel better.

I’ve not seen a short wheelbase vw van with a cassette toilet ever.
Yep I had a short wheelbase vw with cassette toilet converted BT Autohaus in Minehead Leisure drive also build one with cassette toilet and have been for years also Hillside in Derby do.

I’ve not seen a short wheelbase vw van with a cassette toilet ever.

They're not always visible from outside...

download - 2020-10-04T135125.581.jpeg

More importantly Trev.
The warden quite rightly was attempting to fine the individual who left the mess.
Not seeking to treat every dog owner the same by banning all dog walkers.
Just imagine the public outcry if that was ever attempted.
Quite so. Some car drivers ignore speed limits, lets ban all cars...see where that gets you.

Ceredigion's motorhome parkings at Aberystwyth and Cardigan were a trial to gauge how it would work, the trial ended at the end of September and overnight stays are no longer officially permitted.

The trial will be reviewed sometime next year. I'm not in a position to predict the outcome, suffice to say they are well aware of the problems at Aberystwyth.
Seems to me it makes more sense to provide places where you can keep an eye on people’s behaviour and catch them out it when it happens, rather than to ban them in one place so they scatter their nasty habits all over the place.

On the hygiene front, it depends what was actually dumped ...:cautious:
many people, especially in smaller vans, only ever use their porta potties for wee overnight, and go and find a public toilet (or NT property etc) for more in the morning. For 7 years, until this year, this strategy has worked ok enough for us wild-camp touring in a VW. It usually lasts 2 nights until we go to a camp site in order to shower and get more water.

I confess, there have been a few occasions where I've emptied the loo in public places. :whistle: But it's only ever been wee; no solids, no paper, no chemicals. Little different to the cow in the next field.
This is also identical to traditional practice camping on CLs, where any tent with with an extended flysheet would have a bucket so you didn't have to go outside at night, which got chucked in the hedge in the morning.

Wilding in a van, as I'm not paying a farmer for use of his field, I'm also really careful about where I've empty it. Moorland ditches, desolate forestry sites, or fast flowing rivers come to mind. And making sure there are no onlookers in case they jump to the wrong conclusion.

This year it has all changed, Many councils decided people don't need to go the the toilet during the pandemic, and and the Public Conveniences have been closed. The cafe's and attractions have also been shut. This made life difficult (but doesn't justify the total disregard some t-pots have had for public land).
So on a trip to SW Scotland in May, we had to poo in the potti. Finding places to empty it became a theme for the trip, it's only small. One time on a campsite the queue for the toilets was so long it was quicker to use our own, and go and empty it, before we left.
A more recent fortnight in Cornwall was easier, more public toilets were open, there were more campsites open, and we chose to use more pub stops.
Although this time I took a folding spade, I didn't need it. I wonder if the NT would have approved! :unsure:. this is also traditional practice. I remember arriving by bicycle at a C&CC weekend meet, and being given a toilet tent and a spade to dig my own loo! I think everyone is going nimby-ish, soft and lazy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back