Dethleffs

izwozral

Anyone got one, are you pleased with it, is the build quality good, poor mans Hymer? Just a general impression of them please.

We had the 2007 Aclass elegance
925520C1-8DF2-4583-B85F-1CEDDAADDD71.jpeg

Loved it far superior to swifts we had before and the colour just did it for me
2.8 jtd this was the day we sold it for 1500 more than we paid for it
Thanks fiat for designing the reverse gear problem all pre x250 fiats went up in price

EB0187A1-33B1-4820-A5E9-3DDDC888903F.jpeg

Parked on a goat farm in the Massif Central France
Vespa on the back to do our touring
That van went to south of Italy and south of Spain both on two week holidays, two days down ten days holiday two days back would sit anywhere between 80-90 all the way only stopping for fuel and a pee, we had elec kettle and tea making in front Jan would make whilst I drove, sandwiches were made in the kitchen whilst I was driving,
Janet took over driving once as I was tired so I sat down with loads of fruit and a big bowl on my lap to make a fruit salad a truck driver pulled out in front of her and we washed the fruit salad out of the carpet in a mountain stream in the Pyrenees 😄a lot more traffic on the roads now

We bought a second hand dethleffs tag axle van and liked it so much we bought a new one stuff seems a bit more flimsy in the newer one think that’s down to the weight saving thing they can be tricky to get parts for and you have to jump through hoops dealing with Dethleffs wait months for the daftest wee things. As far as build quality they seem to get the important stuff right like The double floor and great insulation. I’ve spoken with a few Dethleffs owners over the years and the majority wouldn't have any thing else.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back