Delamination

OK we have had useful proper responses..
I got totally delaminated on New Year's Eve !

Question if your not bothered about the vinyl could you drill straight through ? Was thinking will just put carpet on top ?
That's what I did. But new layer of vinyl then carpet. If you completely cover area you plan to drill with masking tape, it makes removing the expanded resin over flow a lot easier

If you drill and glue it put a bit of tape around the drill bit at the depth you want for visual reference or buy some laminate flooring and cover it with that - engineered laminate would be a lot stronger though

If you drill and glue it put a bit of tape around the drill bit at the depth you want for visual reference or buy some laminate flooring and cover it with that - engineered laminate would be a lot stronger though

Not a bad shout as laminate flooring would spread the weight of footfall better than Vinyl to prevent it happening in future.

Coincidence,zi have just fixed my spongy floor today on an Autotrail with the raised floor today.
Is this the same make? I can run through my fix later if it will help.

Reactions: REC
A number of Burstner owners seem to haver the same problem. It has to be the materials used and the constant flexing breaks the glue joint in the ply.

As age creeps in are you sure the damp is coming from outside.
damp.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back