Dash cams.security etc..

byron

Anyone use a dash camera for security etc on a night when parked up.ta..

I used a trail camera to see what nocturnal wildlife was about. I suppose you could use one for security.

I have my dashcam switched to detect motion in front of the van when parked (Nextbase) but have never yet had reason to check the footage.

Couple of clips from our Neos Cameras inside the van. These send you a notification on all movement detected. Plugs in via USB has SD card and also uploads to cloud. These are cheap from Amazon.
I also have surround CCTV which is also connected via internet and send messages to my email with pictures of anyone around the van.
Disadvantage using dashcam for security is they wont message you nor upload to cloud.

I did have a Dashcam set up for a time when parked at home, mainly as an experiment. It was mounted in a side window with a 12 volt PIR to start/stop recording. The PIR was through the window and was set to start the dashcam if anyone or thing came within 10 yards of the sensor.

It worked well but I now have Home CCTV to cover the motorhome.

I use camos 360 and a dvr for outside coverage/recording. I does load to cloud but you have to “pull” footage.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back