Dash Cam

Nextbase 522GW Front & Rear Dash Cam looks good.

Can you set the Nextbase 522GW display to show the rear view all the time - this would provide a better view of the road than the rear view mirror in my PVC?

Fitting a reversing camera is on my to-do list, but I don't want multiple screens on the dash / windscreen, already have the sat nav. Could a reversing camera be wired to the Nextbase 522GW monitor? If not are there any that have this facility?

View attachment 90469
thanks
I have the nextbase 522gw bought with the rear camera as a bundle. The dashcam screen shows the rear as a picture in picture (PIP) ie a small screen to the side of the main. It can be used as a reversing camera by touching the screen where the PIP is for the rear and it then fills the screen. To close tap the screen again and it reverts to normal..easy peasy!!

I have had dashcam and helmet cams fitted on all my vehicles over the years.
As was mentioned earlier, I also feel unsafe without one, a bit like a seat belt, something I automatically go for.

Somewhat to my surprise I found out that my insurer will waive the excess if they're sent dash cam footage of an "event" - even if it's your fault! I only stumbled across that reading the small print while looking for something else, so I don't know how common it is.

Like many I have a Nextbase (mine is a 312GW) and it seems to be pretty good. I particularly like playing back the recordings on the PC app which shows you where you were on Google maps and your acceleration in all four directions as well as your speed. OK, so I know it's just a gimmick, but it's fun :)

FWIW, older Nextbase cameras can be converted into webcams (useful in these days of Zoom...) with different firmware from Nextbase, unfortunately mine couldn't.

I have the nextbase 522gw bought with the rear camera as a bundle. The dashcam screen shows the rear as a picture in picture (PIP) ie a small screen to the side of the main. It can be used as a reversing camera by touching the screen where the PIP is for the rear and it then fills the screen. To close tap the screen again and it reverts to normal..easy peasy!!

Thanks, good to know. As the rear camera is, I think, for getting a wide view of the road and other road users how good is the rear camera as a reversing camera, which focuses on the couple of metres behind the vehicle?

I have had dashcam and helmet cams fitted on all my vehicles over the years.
As was mentioned earlier, I also feel unsafe without one, a bit like a seat belt, something I automatically go for.
Never seen a seat belt on a m/bike. 🤔

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back