Dahn Sarf is full.

Okta

BCP Council have released an app called BCPBeachCheck which shows how crowded the beaches are from Sand Banks to Highcliffe. Almost the whole length is showing red, meaning social distancing is not possible. There are two short stretches showing amber and none showing green.

barryd

We almost nipped across to the Lake District this morning with the Kayak but I just had a gut feeling it might be busy so we took the scooter out and did a hundred mile circular up into Swaledale and beyond and across the tops into Kirby Stephen before returning via Tan Hill.

Flipping marvelous. Villages like Reeth were busy but out on the tops it was bliss in the sunshine on the little scooter. Still warm about 26-28c. When we dropped back down to the A66 around Bowes / Barnard castle area the traffic was pretty busy across the pennines so I think it was the right decision. Cracking day out.

trixie88

Roads leading into Bournemouth area were at almost gridlock level by 9.0 this morning.

Beaches already congested and police are now starting to tow away vehicles in some areas.

Have a nice day.

Dezi
sheer madness....where are the brains..........puts everyone at risk again...............ohhhhh give me strengh.........needa tougher govt.

antiquesam

It isn't all bad news on the south coast. The figures for Portsmouth this week are 1 case per 100,000, or three cases in total, despite having four miles of coast and more than our fair share of youfs and the roads blocked by traffic.

mickymost

sheer madness....where are the brains..........puts everyone at risk again...............ohhhhh give me strengh.........needa tougher govt.

Ref,The people crowding at the beach.
Best part about it is that they are more than likely the ones on Furlough due to the Pandemic so have time on their hands BUT are making things worse(maybe) by crowding out the beaches.So could be helping towards the second spike.If the "science" is to be believed

Last edited:

Toffeecat

Oh dear. The Liberal Party will be campaigning to get all people banned from the beaches due the rubish and crap they leave, the pollution and of course wearing out the local roads. Hope the mP from Scotland who winged about the NC500 is looking after all it should be the same rules for everyone because if isnt then thats discrimination and i thought the Liberals were against that.

Fazerloz

We almost nipped across to the Lake District this morning with the Kayak but I just had a gut feeling it might be busy so we took the scooter out and did a hundred mile circular up into Swaledale and beyond and across the tops into Kirby Stephen before returning via Tan Hill.

Flipping marvelous. Villages like Reeth were busy but out on the tops it was bliss in the sunshine on the little scooter. Still warm about 26-28c. When we dropped back down to the A66 around Bowes / Barnard castle area the traffic was pretty busy across the pennines so I think it was the right decision. Cracking day out.
Not on the KTM then. ;)

trevskoda

At kilbrony park rostrevor today with kids,almost empty car park with some campervans and tents in the camping spots,some nice picys of mountains where the story of the tain by horselips ,and there camp was in the hills.
This is a well set out site but as in the morns is a lot of leg work,though there is a road up and round the gio park i did not take my bus.
kil a.jpg
kil c.jpg
kil d.jpg
kil f.jpg
kil g.jpg
kil i.jpg
kil j.jpg
kil k.jpg
kil l.jpg

TJBi

Is this a POI? if so its ideal being soooo quiet
One CR at Rutland Water; a few cars present during the day yesterday. (Wasn't there overnight; used it to break the journey, walk the dog, lunch...)
Moderate number of people walking and cycling around the lake, a few small yachts and some sailboards on the water. Very pleasant.

runnach

At kilbrony park rostrevor today with kids,almost empty car park with some campervans and tents in the camping spots,some nice picys of mountains where the story of the tain by horselips ,and there camp was in the hills.
This is a well set out site but as in the morns is a lot of leg work,though there is a road up and round the gio park i did not take my bus.View attachment 84895View attachment 84896View attachment 84897View attachment 84898View attachment 84899View attachment 84900View attachment 84901View attachment 84902View attachment 84903
Pic three, Trevs version of Master Mind, or Never Mind 🤭👍