DAB windscreen aerial

mfw

Looking for a replacement aerial to fit to windscreen - body is fibreglass - not all aerials need earthing by the looks of some antennas - probably earth at the radio connection - would rather a strip style aerial - although a lot look the same/similar the prices differ considerably.

If i could get an A pillar fit i would and remove old aerial - but i cant find one

So has anyone found a reasonable one which is good value

I fitted the same one works when the signal is strong but tend to lose signal in weaker areas.

• Thank You
Reactions: mfw
An aerial should be as high as possible & vertical, if g/f roof then put foil or some wire stretching out from the base mount, i may have some old piller mount ones here but if you have a cab overhang it will reduce there range.

Ok it is the earthing that is problem but i was looking at something similar to this which would get earthing out of sight still sticks to windscreen though
Digital radio internal glass mount antenna DAB-ANT-PV115

Tried loads of different things in the Laika when the ariels in the big drop down mirrors corroded. The windscreen ones I tried were useless for DAB and variable on FM. I tried signal boasters etc but not great. So in desperation we changed the MH. Far better DAB signal with hardly any dropouts. The ariel is roof mounted and has a metal plate that is cut to fit round the ariel to act as a ground plane. This has to be earthed somewhere. It's the same with the SatNav the little square ariel box sits on a metal plate.

We have one of the stick on windscreen type which works well enough in more heavily populated areas but is a bit flakey sometimes. On the ground plane subject, our tv aerial is a stubby vertical type gadget mounted on a bit of stainless which is in turn stuck on the fibreglass roof so not “earthed” as such. However, without this plate the aerial performs poorly.

Cheers

H

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back