Could not believe it Covid P take

ozzy1955

We had a booking on a site cancelled back in April due to covid, used to be a lovely site with fishing lake and family owned so we asked them to keep our money £75 for 3 nights as they would let us rebook again any when from 2021.
Today tried to rebook with them, looked at the web site and their prices are not to be believed, £57/night, thankfully they gave us our money back.
How the hell do they expect people to stay at that rate.
Also heard they are now putting lodges ect in so wouldn't mind betting they are getting rid of touring.

But many businesses also have additional costs to try to cover such as paying additional cleaners, paying for staff to isolate, erecting screens, signage, staff training whilst only allowed to operate at significantly reduced capacity or not at all for periods of time....they will have to make it back somewhere.

We had a booking on a site cancelled back in April due to covid, used to be a lovely site with fishing lake and family owned so we asked them to keep our money £75 for 3 nights as they would let us rebook again any when from 2021.
Today tried to rebook with them, looked at the web site and their prices are not to be believed, £57/night, thankfully they gave us our money back.
Also heard they are now putting lodges ect in so wouldn't mind betting they are getting rid of touring.
Hope the spa, pool and buffet are top notch at that price!

There`s a site on the outskirts of Blackpool that we used to drive past on the way to relatives before this Covid-19 malarky o_O

In high season they charge in excess of £75 p.u.n. ( per unit night ) and it was always packed solid :eek:

But many businesses also have additional costs to try to cover such as paying additional cleaners, paying for staff to isolate, erecting screens, signage, staff training whilst only allowed to operate at significantly reduced capacity or not at all for periods of time....they will have to make it back somewhere.

Arnold I get your drift.
But this approach is extremely short sighted.
I have booked three nights in the grounds of Scone Palace near Perth at £15 a night for hard standing, EHU, chemical waste, you know the works.
non member price £22 a night.
The CCC refunded us all 3 months membership due to Covid,
This site may well have alienated themselves and damaged their business when this is all over.

Last edited:
No charges for seasonal’s here during lockdown and we where paid. The campsite reopened in July and no loss in revenue, the busy season since has made it up. It’s £20 a night all in for tourers and campers. Next year if people are still opting for staycations it will be a boom year. All the tents and caravans and campers bought it will be.
I pitty the toilet cleaners 😂🤣😂

I got three nights in a central London Premier Inn for less than £100, so why would it be worthwhile to pay those prices when you're providing your own bed?

Maybe we should just set up a scheme to park on each others drives. Wilding getting banned everywhere and campsite prices going through the roof and rocketing. "Drive Swap". :D Only trouble with mine is you can only get out the front passenger door and would be trapped in the back garden until someone comes along to reverse you out but I could leave some sun loungers out and a few treats until I get back from your drive (preferably one a bit wider than mine. Good idea eh? And people say Im as thick as mince!
rUcFndIoGheASCZbyvGb.gif

hank-drive.jpg

Maybe we should just set up a scheme to park on each others drives. Wilding getting banned everywhere and campsite prices going through the roof and rocketing. "Drive Swap". :D Only trouble with mine is you can only get out the front passenger door and would be trapped in the back garden until someone comes along to reverse you out but I could leave some sun loungers out and a few treats until I get back from your drive (preferably one a bit wider than mine. Good idea eh? And people say Im as thick as mince!
rUcFndIoGheASCZbyvGb.gif

hank-drive.jpg
Am very happy with that - I can enter my old van through the back door !!!
Only problem is - I don't have a drive to offer in exchange, but I do have a sea view instead !!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back