Coronavirus Update - We're still open!

AIBinsurance

Good Afternoon Wild Camping Members,

During these unprecedented times, we want to let all members know we are very much open and its business as usual here at AIB!

Our opening hours remain unaffected and are as follows:

Monday – Friday – 9:00am to 5:30pm.
Saturday – 9:00am – 12:00pm

Don’t forget, we give up to a 15% discount for all club members. Please feel free to call our experienced team on 02380 268351 or visit https://www.aib-insurance.co.uk/ for a quotation.

We hope you are all keeping safe and look forward to speaking to you all in due course upon renewal of your policies.

Leah Burt
AIB Insurance
02380 268351

Just contacted AIB and they reccomend a laid up policy for our vans.
Basically it covers you for everything you are covered for outside road use.
When things change you simply add mileage to the policy, this will incur an admin fee. The cover also includes unlimited cover for a class windscreens.
You are also covered for vandalism.
I have SORNED my van, did it last night online took less than five minutes.

[

Trev under no circumstances would I take my van out right now.
And undoing the SORN can be done in 5 minutes online.
The insurance can be sorted quickly also.
if my children had to go to horsepidel fast and for some unknown thing car died i will use my van and no time to fart about on line.
The other thing is i may require pulling my trailer to builders yard which is now open as the car has no t bar.

Last edited:
Our windscreen was cracked from a stone thrown up by another car coming back from Stirling last Monday 19th. Phoned AIB as the screen needed replaced. Was put through to Auto Glass as they are the approved repairer and the van was booked in for a new screen today 28th. I was a bit surprised that it was going to take a week and a half to have the screen replaced and can’t use the van due to the size of the damage. I got a call from Auto Glass today to say they had ordered the wrong screen even though I had gave them the correct information a week and a half ago. They have ordered the correct screen and rebooked me for Saturday. Out of curiosity I phoned my local windscreen place and they could do the job next day. I understand this is not AIBs fault but when I phoned AIB to explain and express my disappointment with Auto Glass the chap on the phone wasn’t really interested to be honest.
So if you need your screen replaced through insurance organise the repair yourself and then send the insurance company the invoice and claim your money back if you can’t wait 2weeks to have the screen replaced.
Won’t be using AIB when my insurance is due for renewal.

Sad to read this cal but I cannot give them enough praise with my dealings past and present
suppose that's how it goes nowadays
i won't change my broker and I am due to Renew next month

Sad to read this cal but I cannot give them enough praise with my dealings past and present
suppose that's how it goes nowadays
i won't change my broker and I am due to Renew next month
I like you had only good things to say about AIB. But I feel waiting 2 weeks for a windscreen is crap and the guy on the end of the phone at AIB wasn’t interested. When I told him I could have had it done next day with Premier Screens he didn’t seem much bothered.

I think most windscreen cover has to be done by the insurance companies approved suppliers. AIB are a broker, it will be the company that underwrites your insurance that dictates this. Auto Glass are one of the biggest providers in the UK and it sounds like the fault is with them, I am not sure what AIB could do to help.

That said...

I would be very unhappy if my vehicle was off the road and I would be looking to Auto Glass for compensation for the delay that was due to their mistake, maybe paying the excess?

I understand what you are saying and I know it’s not AIBs fault but it’s AIB that I phoned for insurance in the first place and thought they might have been interested in my problems getting my windscreen replaced. Obviously not.

We don't often monitor the forums although this thread has been highlighted to us.

Firstly, sorry to hear of your issue and i can understand your frustration. Sadly the approved glass repairers have not been able to fit the glass as quickly as you'd like and, then ordered the wrong glass which has caused further delays. Obviously, we are just your broker and all our insurers use different glass repairers.

The great thing about the approved repairer is they bill the insurers direct so you don't have to pay the bill yourself and claim it back (after the deduction of your excess and subject to policy limits). Also, if their were a problem, you'd have the backing of the insurers huge agreement with the glass company rather than using your own repairer who the insurers would have no influence over.

We don't often monitor the forums although this thread has been highlighted to us.

Firstly, sorry to hear of your issue and i can understand your frustration. Sadly the approved glass repairers have not been able to fit the glass as quickly as you'd like and, then ordered the wrong glass which has caused further delays. Obviously, we are just your broker and all our insurers use different glass repairers.

The great thing about the approved repairer is they bill the insurers direct so you don't have to pay the bill yourself and claim it back (after the deduction of your excess and subject to policy limits). Also, if their were a problem, you'd have the backing of the insurers huge agreement with the glass company rather than using your own repairer who the insurers would have no influence over.
Do insurers need to be informed if PV panels have been installed?

Thanks in advance

Dont think so, AIB did not even want pictures of my van with all its trick bits when i insure with them. (y) anyway most vans these days have all the toys.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back