cooking stinky fish

I fried leeks on Tuesday and the motorhome still stinks even after a hoover out and clean.
Reckon a scented candle will be going in in a while.

Yep i use one of the gas canister ones for anything like fish frying, cheap and cheerful from B&M £9.00 at the time, had no problems with it at all. :)

As posted on the Kipper thread try this minimum smell.

An easy way whilst wild camping particularly if been to Fortunes of Whitby is the Traditional way, All you do is place your kippers head down in a tall warmed jug and then carefully pour in enough boiling water to cover all but the tails. Cover the jug with a cloth and leave to stand for 5 to 6 minutes, then drain well and serve your kippers on warmed plates with a knob of fresh butter. It’s as simple and delicious as that!. I used to use a Billy Can but nowadays use a Tall Soup flask now designated the Kipper Flask.

Alf

As posted on the Kipper thread try this minimum smell.

An easy way whilst wild camping particularly if been to Fortunes of Whitby is the Traditional way, All you do is place your kippers head down in a tall warmed jug and then carefully pour in enough boiling water to cover all but the tails. Cover the jug with a cloth and leave to stand for 5 to 6 minutes, then drain well and serve your kippers on warmed plates with a knob of fresh butter. It’s as simple and delicious as that!. I used to use a Billy Can but nowadays use a Tall Soup flask now designated the Kipper Flask.

Alf

Thanks Alf.
I've got a kettle, a big enough flask ..Plenty of water, this week....
If only I could get kippers in The Algarve

I use a portable gas stove more as a back up if the gas runs out, I have recently got a service kit fo my petrol Coleman stove best thing I ever bought 30 years old ...and runs off lead free fuel available when gas isn’t .

Coming back to smelly fish , I love Alf’s idea, I use foil in the oven for the same reason, add a Little butter and a little water it steams ...the french call it en papillotte , kippers aside a fantastic and economical way of cooking fish , works a treat with trout and most sea fish dabs, plaice etc ....add your veg in there too use wine rather than water add a few herbs seal and cook 18 mins and you have a perfick dinner, better still no dirty pans discard the foil, and no nasty niffs that linger

I use a portable gas stove more as a back up if the gas runs out, I have recently got a service kit fo my petrol Coleman stove best thing I ever bought 30 years old ...and runs off lead free fuel available when gas isn’t .

Coming back to smelly fish , I love Alf’s idea, I use foil in the oven for the same reason, add a Little butter and a little water it steams ...the french call it en papillotte , kippers aside a fantastic and economical way of cooking fish , works a treat with trout and most sea fish dabs, plaice etc ....add your veg in there too use wine rather than water add a few herbs seal and cook 18 mins and you have a perfick dinner, better still no dirty pans discard the foil, and no nasty niffs that linger
The tinfoil parcel works well on a BBQ, too. Cook the sealed side down,first, then turn over, so the juices don't all leak out..
Slit the skin of a ripe banana, push in thin pieces of dark chocolate. Wrap in foil.
Put on BBQ, to cook while your eating the fish.
Open foil parcel to make a dish.
Carefully open up the banana skin.
Pour anything sticky and boozy over the opened banana.
Get stuck in.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back