Connecting a gas generator

Boris7

I’m looking to get an EcoFlow Smart Generator with a view of running it from LPG

It comes with a quick connector at the generator and the other end of the pipe has a regulator but I’d like to connect it to the bbq point on the Motorhome, is this possible?

Back in the mists of time, the generators and pumps I used at work ran from the small propane bottles via a standard regulator. Will two regulators be a problem? maybe if the input pressure to the second one is below the required pressure.

Given your BBQ point is already regulated I can't see a problem doing away with the one on the generator pipe so long as the pressure shown on it matches the onboard pressure . There should be specifications for output and max flow rates on the generator and you inboard regulators.

Cheers

H

Actually Trev, it will save weight.

Get rid of the petrol generator, petrol can, fee up the rear storage box and keep the new generator in the van (should stink like a petrol one) only taking it on the rare occasions I need a generator.
Normally 450w of solar, 200ah lithium and an EcoFlow are more than enough, but 5 days stationary at Spa coming up and no EHU MAY need a genny. I can get the EcoFlow smart generator for £520.00 and should get close to that for my 3 year old Honda.

Thanks for help guys

Given that supplying cooking / heating / fridge will be by LPG what is going to use your 12v ?
Lights /pump / TV / control boards. Not a lot of demand unless your are going to binge watch Game of Thrones from the beginning!
I suggest you do some calculations and see if you need anything over and above your current (sorry!) set up.

If you do, maybe consider a power station or even just an extra battery.

Already have an EcoFlow Delta Max, may get a Delta Pro as there’s a deal on such @ £1582.50 (I’m vat registered) but I’ve only needed the existing generator maybe a dozen times in 4 years. It’s one of those things, it’s just in the way, but when you need it you really need it.

Already have an EcoFlow Delta Max, may get a Delta Pro as there’s a deal on such @ £1582.50 (I’m vat registered) but I’ve only needed the existing generator maybe a dozen times in 4 years. It’s one of those things, it’s just in the way, but when you need it you really need it.
what about an extra Delta Max smart battery? over 150 ah @ 12v

Without knowing what appliances you will be running and for how long it is impossible to estimate how much power you need, but you have got an impressive set up in terms of both generation and storage.

Unless you have something like a 12v fridge or AC or a powerful laptop or a hungry 230v device via an inverter, you are likely to use less each day than your solar provides. And your battery alone will probably support 5 days without any solar.

But, as I suggested earlier, do the maths before spending the cash.

Worst come to worst you can buy an awful lot of diesel for £1582.50.

Last edited:
Simple fact is I’ve got more than enough power without going near the generator, then SWMBO comes along and no amount of electricity is enough.

Enough said.

I suspect the new PM was thinking of her when he proposed the Great British Energy Bill which creates GB Energy (a new state-owned energy investment and generation company).

Actually Trev, it will save weight.

Get rid of the petrol generator, petrol can, fee up the rear storage box and keep the new generator in the van (should stink like a petrol one) only taking it on the rare occasions I need a generator.
Normally 450w of solar, 200ah lithium and an EcoFlow are more than enough, but 5 days stationary at Spa coming up and no EHU MAY need a genny. I can get the EcoFlow smart generator for £520.00 and should get close to that for my 3 year old Honda.

Thanks for help guys
Just get an lpg kit for your Honda genny, that’s what I use to charge up my Delta 2 Max + extra smart battery. I can last 5 days without needing to charge the Delta and I’m a heavy power user, like watching sport 24 hours a day lol. I reckon your Honda genny will be more reliable than the EcoFlow smart genny.
I’ve been looking at the EcoFlow summer sale, may treat myself to another Delta 2 max battery.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back