Confused !?!

• Thread starter Deleted member 86138
  • Start date

Deleted member 86138

Hi All, we’re new to this, have looked at the map and see there are LR, LU, CR etc. Are these all places you can park overnight? or is it just to tell you where they are. I noticed that there was a CU in Coldingham, Scotland, however the sign says no overnight parking, I’m confused!

LR, layby rural. LU, layby urban. CR, carpark rural and so on there should be a legend somewhere that explains what they all mean, some may not have been updated due to the lockdown. Also hello and welcome from Kent.

Hi All, we’re new to this, have looked at the map and see there are LR, LU, CR etc. Are these all places you can park overnight? or is it just to tell you where they are. I noticed that there was a CU in Coldingham, Scotland, however the sign says no overnight parking, I’m confused!

The legend is at the bottom of the map Here

Welcome :D

All the locations are places where wild camping is likely to be permitted. Regulations can change of course and I rely on member feedback to keep the database as accurate as possible.

The data are updated every month during the warmer months, and every other month during the Winter.

The tabs along the bottom of the online map define the different types of location. Note that some locations have Restricted Access, and a note describes why, and these location names are enclosed in square brackets.

Each tab can be switched on or off to filter the location types displayed. Click to change; green is on.

The location at Coldingham is a CR, car park rural, and the Streetview image shows signs prohibiting camping and caravanning not overnight parking. There is a subtle distinction ...

I hope this helps.

Hi to everyone, and thank you for the clarifications 😊

It can be confusing, but you get used to the little differences in wording which make a difference to wildcampers.
Welcome to the forum.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back