Composting toilet

How often does it need emptying? and where do you dispose of it when not at home?
How often, mmm depends on what i'm eating, and it hasn't happened yet, but if I need to put a new sack in I will double wrap the out going bag and store it in the boot till I get home, where it goes into the composting bins and stays there for at least a year. Our waste product is a reusable commodity. Now before anyone gets a wrinkly nose, think about the hundreds, possibly thousands of septic tanks that usually get emptied into slurry tanks and is then sprayed over the land where our crops are grown and livestock eat the grass......I'll leave it there.:eek::LOL:

No such thing as a van composting toilet. A better term is a crap bucket. I didn't even want to spend the money on a diverter so use a £1.50 funnel from screwfix into a petrol container, poo bucket is £1 from screwfix, add in a bit of wood, etc total cost is negligible. I found trying to push the air out with a fan didn't work very well so I put the (92mm) fan on the outside of the van and pull the air through the toilet, the natures head etc only have a 40mm fan which I can't believe does anything as it's trying to push the air through a coiled tube. I don't use any sawdust, there's no smell and I throw it away every 3 or 4 days. I imagine there would be a smell if I left it much longer with no sawdust.

seems to be not much different to a cat crap tray.....people seem happy to have them in their houses.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back