Compost loo for van?

Hey, Don’t Knock it Marie,
We’ve been putting Dog Poo, Cat Poo from the Litter trey even Baby Nappies in Plastic Bags for Years 🤣🤣😊

I don't - well, OK I do! 🤪 ;)

We have come to rely on using plastics across a huge array of stuff, it's a very useful invention.

But at the end of the day it's really not good in any way, shape or form for our ecology.

What we need to use as wide scale alternatives will need some big thinking about 🤷‍♀️ :unsure:

Leave it in the loo and this happens.
bog.png

I've had the same picture on this site since I joined the forum. It says, Not to be used on a moving vehicle.

They make biodegradable plastic bags for this purpose Marie.
I could tell you a story about fully compostable bags ( different from biodegradable, in that they break down very quickly) which are not recommended to be left for over two weeks without emptying....but I won't as it was pretty messy! :cry::cry: Won't be buying them again!

I know normally I would try & being a Smile to others with a remark or two, But seriously-
When in Africa for a fairly long spell, we distributed 10s of Thousands of a completely bio Toilet bag called
‘the Peepoo Bag’ (Basically it’s a recycled Paperish bag lined internally with Uria crystals)
Mainly to the more established villages in locations that we first had to make safe for one reason or another.
The idea was that they use the bag, & then deposit it in an area on the outskirts where Brush & Some Village Waste would be added over time & periodically Turned & mixed in. Flies had somewhere else to then go, Any Moisture quickly evaporated in the heat of the day. Nature done the rest.

Once 3 or 4 of these ‘Piles’ (Stop it 😚’ had been made over 20-25 months The first was kinda compost for Growing Animal Fodder.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back