Combi boiler not working

sunrisemac

Hello,

I have just been able to get my 2010 Swift Bolero home after a replacement knee and the lockdowns, it has been idle for about 18 months.

The solar panel has kept batteries charged and everything seems to work fine except the Truma combi boiler which appears to have no power getting to it either on 12V or 230/240 mains hook up.
I have checked all the connections and the reset button on the boiler and all are OK
The control panel tells me that fuses N13 & N14 are blown although that is not the case, I have checked all the fuses on the fuse board and they are all OK.
I have tested across the terminals with the fuses out and find that there is no power to either side when taken to earth.

My question is 2 fold
1. Has anyone had a similar problem and if so how was it overcome?
2. Is there any other fuse that supplies the fuse board in the habitation area that I need to find and check in case that is blown and stopping power getting to fuse positions 13 & 14?

Yours Hopefully Ian

Any evidence of mouse droppings? The little blighters may have chewed through cables in the time its been parked up.

Keith

Hello,

I have just been able to get my 2010 Swift Bolero home after a replacement knee and the lockdowns, it has been idle for about 18 months.

The solar panel has kept batteries charged and everything seems to work fine except the Truma combi boiler which appears to have no power getting to it either on 12V or 230/240 mains hook up.
I have checked all the connections and the reset button on the boiler and all are OK
The control panel tells me that fuses N13 & N14 are blown although that is not the case, I have checked all the fuses on the fuse board and they are all OK.
I have tested across the terminals with the fuses out and find that there is no power to either side when taken to earth.

My question is 2 fold
1. Has anyone had a similar problem and if so how was it overcome?
2. Is there any other fuse that supplies the fuse board in the habitation area that I need to find and check in case that is blown and stopping power getting to fuse positions 13 & 14?

Yours Hopefully Ian

Control panels work on continuity of the circuit. If there is no continuity the panel will assume that a fuse has blown, as this is the most likely cause of lack of continuity. The control panel is not able to determine were the circuit has been broken. I would assume that there is no continuity of the circuit, and if this is the case then as the previous poster has highlighted this could be caused by pests chewing through cables. It’s also worth noting that the chance of two fuses blowing due to separate faults is remote, this would also suggest a single common denominator, IE a pest chewing through cables. Also the fact that no current had been passed through the circuit for 18 months rules out low insulation creating this issue.

Last edited:
The OP responded on MH having tracked down the problem to a faulty relay .........

A relay jammed in the OP was another possibility. So both fused circuits must have ran through the relay. I recently replaced a timer relay on my car causing intermittent problems with electric windows. Cheers for that.

Sorry I forgot to post findings on Monday on this site as well as Motorhomer.

<Thanks for the replies, I've tracked it down to one of the 12V relays on the back of the fuseboard PCB, if i bypass it from one of the other fuses all springs into life so I guess a replacement is in order.>

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back