CMC open sites

mike17

Hi, I found this on another site may be useful info for some fulltimers

The Caravan & Motorhome Club (CMC) are keeping a few of their sites open for their fulltiming Members. Initially this was only for those already on CMC sites but has been extended to include those Members returning from abroad. Each case will be considered individually but if you need to be in a particular area (eg for family reasons) they will try to accommodate that.

You need to phone Head Office and ask for Site Operations. If you initially get an unhelpful operative on the phone, get their name and ring again until you get a helpful one - they do not all appear to be singing from the same hymn sheet. The 21 day rule has been scrapped and the rate being charged is the low season rate.

mike

Interesting as I did write to them pointing out they where putting people onto the streets. We where asked to leave two weeks ago. 20 on that site where full timers.
The wardens didn’t know the protocol and where worried they would be asked to leave as well.
One of those, management don’t know where there business comes from.

They would surely be better keeping more sites open. Thus with fewer occupants on sites and so less risk of transmission.
And less risk to the local population and less likely impact on the immediate health services.
With fewer vans on site easier to keep everything disinfected etc etc.
Keep occupants mainly in vehicle with no toilets/showers/kitchen open. Just Water Grey water and Sewage and maybe EHU

Jagmanx good idea but can see a couple of issues with the idea. 1. once the allocated spaces are full folk will say the number is arbitrary and why can’t they let more on. 2. There will alway be those rule breakers who pretend to be full time just to risk a holiday.
just a thought.

I would doubt very much if their liability insurance would cover them given the current circumstance.thats before considering being potentially sued when someone sues negligence arguing c19 was contracted on one of their sites

Yes its a good point but they would have to prove negligence and presumably they were aware of the risks ?

On the other hand I did read that the other big club (caravan and camping club) have said a big NO to any member who is stuck with nowhere to go.
The lockdown happened when were on our way to Gozo for a holiday following an operation as I needed 6 weeks of no lifting anything more than a glass or cup of tea.
We are stuck on a relations drive so it's nice to know that the club we are members of would consider giving us an option if we have to leave for any reason.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back