Club memberships

Fisherman

Just wondering what those who are members of the big two are doing about their memberships this year. I am undecided.

Just wondering what those who are members of the big two are doing about their memberships this year. I am undecided.
Like all organisations clubs and voluntary groupings need the moral & financial support to survive. I think it would be extremely difficult to get a new organisation up to the standard of this partnership from scratch, plus how demoralsing for the volunteers who have built it. It is like the country and the economy, first job is for us to survive like the flooded house owners without insurance and work together to rebuild. I certainly will pay my subs .

Im trying where possible to support local or small businesses I use and/or spend locally or at places where I go that I KNOW will be hit bad (yes everyone is taking a hit) .
I think also the same could be applied to the "big 2" there are many fav spots of ours we could be booking with when we have some sense of normality.

If the big 2 are one of your regular haunts, support them to help it grow. If you can perhaps help the smaller outfits, help them. The economy only grows when we start or keep spending, shrinkage is the other option.

One thing is certain, the greedy t**ts will not give any refund for this year being a writeoff. 😒

There will be lots of clubs that memberships are not usable for and that people pay for.
I just renewed my Costco membership in February for example - that will be wasted for likely 6 months.
C&CC as well as a National Trust. Never got round to renewing Britstops - that would have been a waste. Also Archery GB membership. The list goes on ....

On the flip side, all these people who bought a Gym Membership after Christmas will now not have to make up excuses why they can never make it.

I'm a member of both clubs.
Caravan and motorhome club, and camping and caravan club. (For those wondering what we are on about )
I'll pay my membership as usual...oh yeah, I've already paid.

Just received my 25 year membership badge from the former.
The dilemma is...does it go on the windscreen above or below the W

I will go on paying my membership of the Camping and Caravanning Club (CCC) and also the Caravan and Motorhome (CMC) Club.
If you have been in the CCC for over 25 years and on a state pension you can apply for half price membership.
Both the clubs will be taking a massive financial hit, like most other closed businesses.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back