Civilising the livestock amongst us

SquirrellCook

As I mentioned before I feel that if we had more bins that were regularly serviced more people would use them. So expanding on this I venture into toilet emptying. Yes we have read about the horrific habits of some, but it's not easy to find a socially acceptable solution.

So I smiled a month or so ago seeing an outside launderette in a fuel station forecourt. Today I saw another one in Doncaster and it got me thinking. What if service stations provided motorhome service points? You could even fill up with fuel then too!
And surely if this was provided there would be less people dumping their toilet contents in rivers or ditches. People might even urinate in their toilets too and avoid having to spoon the contents out?

It is common in France to have a motorhome service point at a supermarket petrol station. There is a good chance if you stop to fill up with water or empty the tanks you will also fill up with diesel and do some food shopping.

On one hand I like the idea but what concerns me is it would be another extension of the mono service provider that supermarkets strive for. They are already a have bakers, butchers etc Personally I would like service points to be independent or maybe small chains but not owned by the big players..........but I would choose your idea over having none available.

On one hand I like the idea but what concerns me is it would be another extension of the mono service provider that supermarkets strive for. They are already a have bakers, butchers etc Personally I would like service points to be independent or maybe small chains but not owned by the big players..........but I would choose your idea over having none available.
I agree with your philosophy re supermarkets.
BUT facilities cost money both to install and maintain.
In UK local authorities would not get payback and unlike, say France, are not minded to provide.
We need to remenber the relative space in France Germany Italy and Spain. In UK land is at a huge premium !
I like Norway and Sweden..vast land are and small populations.
Thus in UK I am happy if Supermarkets or the like (motorway services) provide facilities.
Obviously the Canterbury P&R (and others) is a great example of what is possible.
Land and infrastructure need to be available and a "payback".
The recent Scottish crowdfunded development is great. BUT how sustainable ?

As I mentioned before I feel that if we had more bins that were regularly serviced more people would use them. So expanding on this I venture into toilet emptying. Yes we have read about the horrific habits of some, but it's not easy to find a socially acceptable solution.

So I smiled a month or so ago seeing an outside launderette in a fuel station forecourt. Today I saw another one in Doncaster and it got me thinking. What if service stations provided motorhome service points? You could even fill up with fuel then too!
And surely if this was provided there would be less people dumping their toilet contents in rivers or ditches. People might even urinate in their toilets too and avoid having to spoon the contents out?
Good idea. Why not ask your local service station if you can fund such a solution.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back