Chicken curry Channa style.

Channa

The first thing to get out the way to avoid confusion is Channa made the curry it doesn’t contain Channa which are chick peas.pure coincidence my user name happens to mean chickpea in Indian

The recipe on this occasion , frankly there wasn’t one cooked intuitively . Onions fried off slowly until caramalised, garlic and ginger, fenugreek and green sultanas being the guest visitors . The sauce made up of a little plain yoghurt, plum tomatoes the juice reserved instead of adding water . Garnished with fresh coriander, the spices used chilli,coriander and cumin powder and a tint of Garam masala

I chose flat breads as an accompaniment rather than rice so I could dip and wipe up the sauce . I bought them but easy enough to make , next time I shall the curry deserved it even though I say so myself .

The chicken was leg off the bone a great flavour, more interesting than breast meat and bought from an Asian butchers ( mullaco those in west York’s might know it ) this week they have goat ...so another curry but possibly a Caribbean influence rather than Asian

1ECAB5C3-FD04-46A8-AF1C-02EA2E398C5A.jpeg

I do love a good curry.... And that looks fab...

One of my high spots last year was discovering the there was a curry house out at the arse end of Ardnamurchan....

Sat eating chicken tiika kebab looking out over the sea was definitely recommended.

View attachment 77250

View attachment 77251

Great pano shot, we love Ardnamurchan. We travel over there from Tobermory and do Ben Hiant, a stunning wee hill.

Last edited:
They recon the dark meat from the chicken leg gives a better taste as does using lamb, I was speaking to an Indian chap a few years ago and he suggested I try a mix that is produced by Shan ( this is not a wind up) its called Kat a Kat it is for a Goats brain curry. He suggested to give it a go making the basic sauce then adding some of that. My first go I made my own curry mix then added a half packet of Kat a Kat ... geezo! toilet roll in the freeze ready for the morning. Give it a try if you find it, I usually only add a 1/4 to 1/3 of a pack as the kids start complaining if its too hot. Sam

20200302_180010.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back