Changing attitudes

Fisherman

CF6B9EDA-CC43-450A-BF92-7F938A54BBDB.png

Well call me an optimist but it just seems that some people are getting the message. Helping Motorhome hiring companies is surely a change of thinking for some. Also I think we all did the Gwynedd survey on here.

Well call me an optimist but it just seems that some people are getting the message. Helping Motorhome hiring companies is surely a change of thinking for some. Also I think we all did the Gwynedd survey on here.
Is the Gwynedd survey open...the article says mid to end April?

As far as I know it is just go to the web address on the article, but I think we did it on here a couple of weeks ago.

Councils are finally seeing the benefits that MH's can bring to local communities. Places like Whitby were totally anti-motorhome, now they provided parking places.
There is hope for us yet.
Must have missed that . I remember talk of overnight parking at the abbey has that been implemented ?

Must have missed that . I remember talk of overnight parking at the abbey has that been implemented ?
I may have jumped the gun - they are still talking about it! Maybe they'll get round to a decision by the next millennium?

This looks good. They need more of these.

As Runnach points out there is a lot of opposition though and sadly some of it seems justified. The FB NC500 group seem to think there is little local benefit for the damage caused

I dont want to be all doom and gloom but I have serious concerns for this year for wilding in the UK. If it gets out of hand and it has the potential to be worse than last year as its possible there is no foreign travel allowed will it just lead to more bans and possibly the enforcement of the new legislation recently passed?

I dont want to be all doom and gloom but I have serious concerns for this year for wilding in the UK. If it gets out of hand and it has the potential to be worse than last year as its possible there is no foreign travel allowed will it just lead to more bans and possibly the enforcement of the new legislation recently passed?

They can't have their cake and eat it, although, me being a cynical old b*tch, they probably can! 😜

The only way to deal with an excess of tourism visitors, no matter what method of transport they choose to travel by, is to provide plenty of suitable facilities for all, or they should just go the whole hog and ban everybody living outside the area from travelling there.

Mohos and campers are currently being sold hand over fist because of a surge in demand due to the pandemic.
It makes no sense to then move towards banning or fining them indiscriminately when they turn up (quite legitimately) at tourist hotspots, but a heap of sense to just provide more 'facilities'.

Folks are going to turn up at tourist spots in their campers whenever they want to anyway, especially those new to it. 🤷‍♀️

And yes, we should all object long and loud about not being able to use suitable public car parks just the same as everyone else who pays their vehicle road tax and insurance. Enough is enough! :devilish:

They local councils should spend their time in a much more valuable way by policing and fining the litter louts of all descriptions who desecrate these beautiful parts of the country - who 99% of the time are most definitely NOT moho or camper owners!!!!

Last edited:
They can't have their cake and eat it, although, me being a cynical old b*tch, they probably can! 😜

The only way to deal with an excess of tourism visitors, no matter what method of transport they choose to travel by, is to provide plenty of suitable facilities for all, or they should just go the whole hog and ban everybody living outside the area from travelling there.

Mohos and campers are currently being sold hand over fist because of a surge in demand due to the pandemic.
It makes no sense to then move towards banning or fining them indiscriminately when they turn up (quite legitimately) at tourist hotspots, but a heap of sense to just provide more 'facilities'.

Folks are going to turn up at tourist spots in their campers whenever they want to anyway, especially those new to it. 🤷‍♀️

And yes, we should all object long and loud about not being able to use suitable public car parks just the same as everyone else who pays their vehicle road tax and insurance. Enough is enough! :devilish:

They local councils should spend their time in a much more valuable way by policing and fining the litter louts of all descriptions who desecrate these beautiful parts of the country - who 99% of the time are most definitely NOT moho or camper owners!!!!

Whilst there is some evidence of "pop up sites" being organised / allowed I dont see a lot of evidence of extra facilities being put in place in general for motorhomes. Last year all we saw was a lot of areas clamping down on wild camping. The Coppers in the Lake district were actively knocking on van doors in the middle of the night and kicking people out of the national Park. Already this year in Cumbria just days after restrictions were eased there has been problems with wild tent campers. They will simply tar us all with the same brush and blanket ban everyone. Now they have extra powers to do that.

It wont matter if you or I or other members on here go and park in a quiet spot and leave nothing but footprints, the same will apply, plus chances are you wont be on your own for long in that idyllic spot.

When or if our van (and bike now) gets sorted ill be picking where we head off to very carefully.

They have much larger issues to deal with than us. The brigade who normally head abroad each year and make a——-s of themselves, will be heading for our beauty spots to behave the same way there. We witnessed it on Loch Earn last summer, tents left, garbage everywhere, remnants of fires, damage to car park furniture, etc, and none of this was due to us. Hopefully they will target those responsible as they already have done in the Lake District by sifting through the crap they left finding names and addresses. If we are blamed unfairly then so be it, but I try to be optimistic, and I genuinely believe that on the hole we are amongst the best behaved. But I am concerned about hired vans creating problems though.

They have much larger issues to deal with than us. The brigade who normally head abroad each year and make a——-s of themselves, will be heading for our beauty spots to behave the same way there. We witnessed it on Loch Earn last summer, tents left, garbage everywhere, remnants of fires, damage to car park furniture, etc, and none of this was due to us. Hopefully they will target those responsible as they already have done in the Lake District by sifting through the crap they left finding names and addresses. If we are blamed unfairly then so be it, but I try to be optimistic, and I genuinely believe that on the whole we are amongst the best behaved. But I am concerned about hired vans creating problems though.
It is easter after all
Totally agree with what you say . Think lots of us protested early on about various tales of toilet waste being dumped . I , for one , hadn't considered the rental motorhomers .
Most of us do this long term . For many of them it is a one-off

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back