Chance to see the lights in Scotland tonight

mid4did

Free Member
The forecast tonight is high chances to see the northern lights from north scotland and lower possibly.This is from Durness at midnight universal time which I believe will be 1 am weather permitting.
Screenshot_20200928-102625.jpg

I knew a man who had served 4 yrs in the Navy and was due to come out but signed on for another 12 mths as he knew the ship was due to go to the Artic for the next trip and he wanted to see the lights he was there for 3 mths and never got to see them

Stayed up till 11.30 but it was a very bright moon which may have made the aurora harder to see
43E98C5F-4C76-458D-8C35-30C0914488AD.jpeg

Well I’m heading to Scotland on Monday to deliver the long awaited pony express pick up that I collected for a member in March just before lockdown and what with hospital appointments and extra shielding I was put in after my joint juice then the frog meet cancelled this is my first opportunity to go to Scotland and deliver it to somewhere near Banff so I’ll do a few overnighters on route there and back social distancing all the way.

Unfortunately we are currently at a solar minimum so chances to see the Northern Lights are limited, especially as far South as Scotland. This explains.
Yes but ,thinking positive even with a full moon there is still chance to see them from the very north of Scotland.
If you dont try when there's a chance you,ll never know.
Screenshot_20200929-092841_AuroraWatch UK.jpg
Screenshot_20200929-092933_AuroraWatch UK.jpg

Reactions: 2cv

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back