Carpets, and dog hair

Canalsman

I've found a great way to remove dog hair from carpets and mats.

I use Marigold extra life gloves for washing up. Eventually they spring a leak but I keep them to use when cleaning/polishing the outside of the 'van.

Today I found that working across the carpet wearing the gloves, the fingertips do a great job of lifting the dog hairs and forming big clumps of hair.

I think it's the high friction dimpled finger tips that have this effect.

I was amazed how much unseen hair was lifted and how quickly it can be done.

(I don't use a vacuum cleaner but rather a dustpan and brush to remove the surface dirt.)

I drag my trainers backwards on the carpet, all the way back to the door then use a dustpan and brush

I use a hard broom to dehair my carpet but by far the best thing I've ever seen is the "witch" broom made from some sort of rush,they do a better job than a vacuum cleaner to get hair,dust and other detritus out of the carpet fibres.

I use these dog grooming mitts on the soft upholstery

8DD798C5-EB05-40EB-B025-4FDCCD567980.jpeg

Julie uses these on Ruby our Boxer;

Although they look like you should get a free gimp mask with each pair, they do work very well!

A Hacksaw blade works just as well Rob. Or go posh with one of these?

These are very good as well.

Roll up the carpets and put them in the loft works for us then just run round with a brush. Leather seats are also easier to keep clean than fabric.

Roll up the carpets and put them in the loft works for us then just run round with a brush. Leather seats are also easier to keep clean than fabric.
Same for me, just lino/cushion flooring and leather upholstery.

My carpets are not removable ...

The floor was carpeted at the factory and the furniture fitted on top.

My carpets are not removable ...

The floor was carpeted at the factory and the furniture fitted on top.
I had removeable fitted carpets from new but that was Ok because I like carpets, I don't like lino or any smooth flooring so I fitted carpet tiles, short pile and easy to clean and after waking up one morning in the South of France one Winter and the vinyl floor was like a swimming pool I could never go back to no carpets

I prefer carpet too.

It would be noisy to have hard floor covering with the dogs, nails clicking away ...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back