Caravans are waiting for the whistle

Ill be giving the A66 Scotch Corner to Penrith a miss this weekend then I Reckon which is just a mile or so south of here.

I think its going to be gridlocked.

I think with this release crap is going to be piled high, and we will all be blamed and have to pay the price.
It would have made sense to build more public toilets first!

From one of our favourite places for a couple of days away.

Due to unprecedented demand we are now full for all dates until September. We are doing everything we can to make the site Covid-19 secure for opening on 4th July and will notify all customers if we are unable to achieve this.

this particular weekend will be absolute mayhem.. going to let the euphoria die down for a bit

You cant blame Tuggers or Motorhomers wanting to escape, after all we have all been talking about escape for a few months, but yes i was up the compound yesterday and the activity level was like Bees around honey. I will be waiting a little longer before setting out on an overnight trip or holiday.

Well I’m one of the lemmings lol !
Going to my usual CS farm site near Penrith which I normally stop on every 2 weeks or so. Only 5 motorhomes / caravans on the site so will be quiet. I have no intentions of travelling into the lakes and fighting the crowds I’m just going to chill out for 3/4 days. Dog walks, reading and tv.
Much better than looking at the same 4 walls at home which I’ve done for the last 12 bloody weeks !
i will head up to Skye, Melon Udrigle and beyond in a few weeks time when hopefully things have settled down some what fingers crossed.

Today I have seen LOTs of caravans and motorhomes on the motorways , don't know if they were going anywhere or just taking them home to get ready for the 4th , it looks like Saturday will be a bad day to be on the roads

No I think Saturday will be busy on the roads, perhaps I should just pop down to the local for a quiet pint instead.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back