Caravan Store Rollout

Penny13

Has anyone put a caravan store rollout on a coachbuilt motorhome ?

We had one on our VW great rolling it out was easy but really difficult putting them away having to hand roll it tight to get it back in it’s Bag or cassette (depends which you opt for) I imagine on a tall motorhome even harder and it defo a two person job putting away.

Last edited:
Ours had one on when we got it, its a bit of a pain putting it away but the more you do it the easier it gets, we carry a small set of steps in the garage, my other half manages to put it away himself if needed

I had one on my T5 which was easy to take out. I have one on my LT Panel Van which has a fairly high roof. I can just about reach it to unzip and roll and roll back up without a step but it is definately easier with a step.
If my Autotrail height is typical of a coachbuilt (and I think it likely is) there is no way you can deploy and roll up again without steps.

I find the best way to put away is to roll up against the van wall rather then holding and rolling. I think they are great things for the right vehicle but TBH I don't think I would fit one on a tall motorhome as it would be too much hassle.

We had one on the transit Jumbo....

Just about manageable off the side door step

20180610_141256.jpg

And I did consider keeping it when we got the motorhome BUT gave up on the idea as I wouldn't have be able to use it without a ladder...

I've got the brackets for a wind out one already in it (previous owner damaged the actual awning and removed it sadly)

But if I come across one at a decent price I'll replace it as miss it for shade for me and the dogs in summer.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back