Car camping newbie

Sez ella

Free Member
Hey everyone, new member here. I plan on going car camping with my son (13) in a few weeks. Just wanted some recommendations on where I can legally park up and sleep overnight. Ideally we wanted something with great views in the Lake District or Peak District. We will be traveling from Blackpool and making our way back to Manchester so anything on the way is also good (we have 3 days to play with). Thanks :)

Plenty of places on the online map for that area. You will be googling campervans the day after :)

Warm, dry and a full belly and you will have fun, your avatar suggests you already know that. Best wishes

Welcome from County Durham as a full time member you can use the Online map on the green navigation bar. Height restriction and narrow access should not be a problem with the car, perhaps something to black the windows out or you will be up early.

Plenty of places on the online map for that area. You will be googling campervans the day after :)

Warm, dry and a full belly and you will have fun, your avatar suggests you already know that. Best wishes

Thank you. The map is ace, where has this been all of my life?! A camper van is certainly in the pipeline just getting the lad used to the “hippy” life before I invest 😄

Welcome from County Durham as a full time member you can use the Online map on the green navigation bar. Height restriction and narrow access should not be a problem with the car, perhaps something to black the windows out or you will be up early.
Hello from sunny manchester, I’ve already found a few places just looking at the online map 🙏. Need to invest in some kind of black out screens. Thank you for the tips 😄

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back