Canterbury P&R Expanding

We only ever go there to fuel up at Morrisons then overnight at New Dover Road and i couldn`t help but notice part of the article that says......

Quote,
" Designed alongside plans for a new A2 off-slip and relief road through the neighbouring industrial estate, the park and ride expansion will result in the loss of allotments and a floodplain behind B&M Bargains and Pets at Home. "

I wonder where will the excess water will go from The Great Stour River that runs along the side of it when it is in flood :unsure:

Interesting in that
1 New Dover road is great if full see point 2
2 Loads of extra parking (nicer) for motorhomes in an under-used car-prking area.

I guess an advantage on Wincheap is that there are more services within easy walking distance and you can walk to the train station.
More power to Canterbury

We only ever go there to fuel up at Morrisons then overnight at New Dover Road and i couldn`t help but notice part of the article that says......

Quote,
" Designed alongside plans for a new A2 off-slip and relief road through the neighbouring industrial estate, the park and ride expansion will result in the loss of allotments and a floodplain behind B&M Bargains and Pets at Home. "

I wonder where will the excess water will go from The Great Stour River that runs along the side of it when it is in flood :unsure:

As we all know once a detailed risk assessment has been done then nothing can go wrong. (y)

"The northern extension of the car park will be on a flood risk zone due its close proximity to the River Stour. A detailed flood risk assessment has been compiled and will be scrutinised by planning officers."

As we all know once a detailed risk assessment has been done then nothing can go wrong. (y)

"The northern extension of the car park will be on a flood risk zone due its close proximity to the River Stour. A detailed flood risk assessment has been compiled and will be scrutinised by planning officers."

That has put my mind at rest and i can now sleep easy :ROFLMAO:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back