Can’t remember insurance co

Herbenny

Hi all....

hope everyone enjoying getting out and about ...

Just wanted to ask about insurance ... I used. Recommendation on here once for a company that gave discount ... I don’t think it was Adrian flux it was something else but wouldn’t mind using them again as they were helpful

anyone remember ... Phil told me about it x

Mark have they just changed their name recently ? ... I can’t for the life remember

Does anybody know if AIB also do breakdown cover aswell.
We have had breakdown cover through AIB for the last 6 years and on the few occasions we have needed it, the service has been excellent.

We renewed last week and the breakdown cover was less than £90 including cover for Europe.

Just renewed mine with AIB. £160 for the insurance and £80 breakdown cover I think. Ive used the breakdown cover a couple of times in France and it was excellent.

Just renewed mine with AIB. £160 for the insurance and £80 breakdown cover I think. Ive used the breakdown cover a couple of times in France and it was excellent.
Lucky sod, mine is £313.98 with breakdown, but value now increased to 12 grand. :) (y)

Lucky sod, mine is £313.98 with breakdown, but value now increased to 12 grand. :) (y)

Believe it or not may Kontiki from the last century is down as £15k! Seems mad until you look at what they are going for and its not a million miles away.

No axe to grind..As stated AIB are brokers.
I use Comfort also brokers and get good value insurance and breakdown cover !
Vehicle Insured with Avivva (as could be the case with AiB)
Breakdown with AA or their european partners. !

I’ve never needed the breakdown cover when we’ve been abroad so that reassuring to know.

I did an online price comparison before I renewed with AIB this month, and although the costs were a little cheaper overall, the AIB breakdown cover was much better than what was being offered with the online quotes.

I was phoning around for Insurance today for the Campervan as it expired last week. Bit of a pain as need insurance to be safe, but Camper is up for sale and could potentially go - or not go - at any time!

Monthly policy cheapest IF only needed for a month, but after 31 days, cheaper to take a full year and just write off the remaining time paid for!
ended up with Adrian Flux, whose prices seem very competitive at the moment? £160 for a year fully comp, albeit with a very limited mileage allowance (selling van so not using so no miles needed).

I’ve never needed the breakdown cover when we’ve been abroad so that reassuring to know.

I did an online price comparison before I renewed with AIB this month, and although the costs were a little cheaper overall, the AIB breakdown cover was much better than what was being offered with the online quotes.

It was a strange one our last one in the south of France just in the low Pyrenees. I noticed a wobble on the front wheel as we went around left hand corners. I carried on but pulled into a Campsite at Lourdes early evening and called the breakdown company. I said it wasnt an emergency as we were safe but they sent someone the next day from a garage who though it might be a wheel bearing and quoted a ridiculous price. I phoned the breakdown company and said I wasnt happy with the company that came out so they said they would get it lifted and towed to a garage about twenty miles up the road for a proper analysis but as it was a long holiday weekend it would be Tuesday the the next week but they would pay our site fees. We had the scooter so just made the most of it. The following Tuesday off we all went with the van on the back of the truck where this garage spent an hour or two going over it and test driving it before declaring they couldnt find anything wrong with it. :ROFLMAO:

I wasnt convinced however but drove it gingerly round left hand bends for the rest of the trip but it was fine. None of it cost me anything and true to their word they coughed up for four nights on site. (wasnt much)

I called them out to a slow puncture once on an Aire on the med on a Sunday and someone was there within the hour and sorted it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back