CAMpRA…slow but steady progress

barge1914

It’s an uphill struggle but since starting in July last year CAMpRA has brought 87 new certified Aires and service points into being. With those in the pipeline we are on target for 100 in our first year. Can I express thanks to those on here who have joined and given their support.

Hopefully a corner has turned with more Councils taking a more positive approach to Mohos, government is now aware of us, and National organisations such as the British Parking Association and NCC are being supportive and discussions are taking place in some large heritage organisations and other bodies which for the moment must remain under wraps but which hopefully will in due course bear fruit.

There’s still a lot to do. Some Councils sadly are still going in the wrong direction, but Rome wasn’t won in a day.

Mrs number14 has been lobbying for the cause here in s Wales but it's proving hard work. With some exceptions, Wales in general is fairly negative with Pembrokeshire being top of that list.
I could say more but would risk invoking the forbidden 'p' word.

It’s an uphill struggle but since starting in July last year CAMpRA has brought 87 new certified Aires and service points into being. With those in the pipeline we are on target for 100 in our first year. Can I express thanks to those on here who have joined and given their support.

Hopefully a corner has turned with more Councils taking a more positive approach to Mohos, government is now aware of us, and National organisations such as the British Parking Association and NCC are being supportive and discussions are taking place in some large heritage organisations and other bodies which for the moment must remain under wraps but which hopefully will in due course bear fruit.

There’s still a lot to do. Some Councils sadly are still going in the wrong direction, but Rome wasn’t won in a day.
Lots of us have huffed and puffed about lack of Aires , probably on other forums too . You seem to have got it right
Think 100 in first year is very impressive
Onwards and upwards

Yes well done Campra and well done to you Barge.
I hope this leads to some joined up thinking from our respective governments.
Its time to take the power that some local councils use against us away from them. This issue should be a National issue, with National policies. But in the meantime let’s just wish campra and all who work so hard for this cause all the best for the future.

This has just been posted by CAMpRA

I know the National Trust have been approached by members about staying in their car parks overnight so I thought people may be interested to know that they are running a pilot scheme in the Aira Force (Lake District) carpark. It is £10 per night. At the moment there is no subsidy for members but I was informed by the really helpful staff that they are considering doing so. We were welcomed and they are keen for the scheme to carry on if it proves popular and is not abused.
The toilets are available overnight.
B9E56AD6-B4D9-4C8F-A354-DA6FC59BB39E.png

This has just been posted by CAMpRA

I know the National Trust have been approached by members about staying in their car parks overnight so I thought people may be interested to know that they are running a pilot scheme in the Aira Force (Lake District) carpark. It is £10 per night. At the moment there is no subsidy for members but I was informed by the really helpful staff that they are considering doing so. We were welcomed and they are keen for the scheme to carry on if it proves popular and is not abused.
The toilets are available overnight.View attachment 99032
This is exactly what’s required, large organisations with lots of carparks remaining empty at night being used for ours and their mutual benefit. We don’t need aires, what we need is forward positive pragmatic thinking, not what we have witnessed to often. Hopefully others will follow suit and we will get some momentum. Chemical waste and grey water would be good, but that’s not always what we need. What’s required most of the time is really simple. A physical place to park up in what currently are empty overnight carparks.
Well done national Trust, and we’ll done campra.

Fisherman that’s exactly what we want and need because it’s a win win situation really they are getting money for what would be an empty car park and we are getting an overnight stop (or at most a couple of nights) and the bonus is there’s toilets there as well I did post this in the good news thread the same time as this one was posted but for some reason it’s gone!!

Good question as would be good to support them in their first year Perhaps Campra could put a list on their web site with Cords an some pictures
I think, but am not sure, they are being added to the ‘search for sites’ website.

It would be good to support them at any time, Witzend and how does one find things on the "search for sites" websites Harryw

Yours H

It would be good to support them at any time, Witzend and how does one find things on the "search for sites" websites Harryw

Yours H
I have the App and they don’t appear on there yet, which is disappointing considering it’s paid for, but you can filter on the Web version to see them. Currently there’s 14 showing.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back