Camping on church carparks.

It`ll bring a whole new meaning to ................................ Holy Shyte o_O

Should work well until the usual brigade start their antics with emptying cassette all over the place, drains, behind bushes, behind gravestones etc. etc.

I should mention that when we have stopped we have made sure it was with full permission AND we made sure to move on early...
as wouldn't have wanted to case upset to anyone turning up to tend to loved ones graves...
People can be emotional (rightly so) when visiting possibly recently deceased relations.

A good few years back we stayed on a secluded graveyard car park ( no church there ) in the north of Scotland and settled down for a peaceful night.

Later that evening another motorhome pulled onto the empty ( apart from us ) car park and parked about a couple of foot from us at the rear.

It was an Italian registered motorhome and thankfully on its own and not a bloody great gang of them like there normally is.

They got out and wandered off one of them holding a camera, we saw them then open the gates and go into the graveyard.

Next thing we saw them both come running out of the gate, back to the motorhome, jumped in, started the engine and drove out like a lunatic.

We can only imagine they did not know it was a graveyard and when they found out it scared the shyte out of them because they both looked white as a sheet :eek:

We stayed, saw what was probably the best view of the Milky Way we`ve ever seen due to no light pollution and had a very peaceful night.

The following morning the local council guy turned up to empty the bin and was amazed at how clean and tidy it was with the normal litter all bagged up.

I explained that i`d done it, bagged it up and put the bag at the side of the bin ready for collection, my way of saying thank you for us staying.

He stayed for a while, chatted and we made him a brew because it normally took him a good half hour to tidy up the car park and graveyard.

We seen him since over the years and he still always flashes and waves recognising our motorhome with the Lancashire Rose on it :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back