Camping on church carparks.

izwozral

And many in the Churchyard are "sleeping over" already long term so this makes great sense.So wonder if this is just for cars which wouldnt be there overnight or are they accepting that a few self contained Motorhomes/Campervans could stopovernight which would make great security.

Given the amount of theft from churches it makes sense to have a presence there, no pun intended. I'm not religious either but I like to look at old churches and even peruse the old gravestones.
So many churches remain locked due to theft whereas just a few years ago most stayed open during the day.

We've stayed a good few times in church/cemetery car parks...
AFTER chatting to the vicar/churchwarden etc... AND being invited.

ALWAYS made a donation to church funds AND have been thanked warmly after cleaning up the surrounding area and a bit of sensitive pruning.

Some lovely spots AND usually very peaceful neighbours.

Valiant effort indeed. In my experience of pre motorised transport churches, car parks were not on the large side.
Not saying some aren't close by and I would be up for it.

With regard to post above I stand corrected.

Given the amount of theft from churches it makes sense to have a presence there, no pun intended. I'm not religious either but I like to look at old churches and even peruse the old gravestones.
So many churches remain locked due to theft whereas just a few years ago most stayed open during the day.
sorry your name is not there yet, but give it time,you nite make it, strang and wonder-us ways, ok.pj.

Good too read
OR
God to read ?
Not for us Nida seems to sense nearby graveyards even if we do not see them before parking up.
Then when we pass them leaving by a different route. She says "look graveyard no wonder I could not sleep !"
Obviously some form of discrimination between ghosts of different religions !
(Nida is Buddhist)
Still happy to stop for lunch and water and contribute.
PS I do not believe atheists or agnostics !

If we are allowed to stay overnight how long will it be before idiots start leaving unacceptable deposits behind gravestones and we all get banned. Oh so sad

The Harrogate church carpark which they talk about is £50 per month and not a mention of over night, just daytime...
Or am i missing something??

The bells The bells !
And often the village pub is close to the church..
We had an overnight at Kidlington..
The rowdies clattered out the pub at 1 am.. and sure enough we got the discrete tap on the door.. Checking to see if anyone was in..
They found out...,!

What a nightmare :eek:

I hope the rowdies are not too traumatised.:sneaky:

The Harrogate church carpark which they talk about is £50 per month and not a mention of over night, just daytime...
Or am i missing something??

Not that I can see, it doesn't say anywhere they will allow overnight parking.

A copy/paste from a faceache Campra member. Please read carefully i didn't know graveyards were quite so full.

Hi what an amazing idea, but one thing us missing a huge opportunity, the UK is now a staycation, 250,00p motirhones and caskets struggling to find places to stay overnight .if yoh had a section for motorhomes it would be very popular . I'm sure we would even pay a premium. I'm a member of the facebook group Campaign For Real Aries CAMpRA , aires are very popular in Europe dont exist here in the uk kind regards
YourParkingSpace is the online parking marketplace where you'll find parking spaces, driveways and garages for rent throughout the UK. You can also earn money by renting out your own parking space or garage.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back