campervans banned

tony

howth harbour co,dublin
i have read that overnight parking for campers are banned at howth harbour because of " the attitude of some campers who know it all. "

the lookout dungarvan co,waterford.
any camper who parks in the bus lanes can be fined 40 euro.campers have said those lanes were for them. they were never intended for campers.

campers should behave when they park up & do'nt upset the locals.

tony

Bus lanes are not intended for campers? Can't argue with that. Seems there may be
some ambiguity, perhaps it needs to be made obviously unambiguous with better, clearer signage,
and then the imposition of a more serious €400 euro fine, so miscreants don't take the piss and make it
more likely things get worse for all of us.

We saw similar in Jaca ( Spain ) on the last trip. The Aire was full by 5pm but it didn't stop some of the idiots who arrived late parking where the buses park. The buses then have to find somewhere else to park.

Its written on the tarmac in BIG LETTERS BUS

Trouble is these idiots could not careless where they park. They just see it as a free night

Fact is some folk either cannot read or are living in another dimention,one old fart in belfast has had a ticket 12 times for driving in marked city bus lanes.
How big does the markings have to be.

bus lane a.png
bus lane b.png

We have bus lanes just the same. Some are in force all the time, some are in the morning only and some are in the evening only. So no one drives in them its just to risky unless you know for sure that its safe. So you have to take your eyes of the traffic to read the bloody notices.

Fact is some folk either cannot read or are living in another dimention,one old fart in belfast has had a ticket 12 times for driving in marked city bus lanes.
How big does the markings have to be.

View attachment 74450View attachment 74451

The elderly gentleman might have had his head down texting, twittering, twattering or just generally browsing his phone so would not have seen the signs o_O

Bus lanes are not intended for campers? Can't argue with that. Seems there may be
some ambiguity, perhaps it needs to be made obviously unambiguous with better, clearer signage,
and then the imposition of a more serious €400 euro fine, so miscreants don't take the piss and make it
more likely things get worse for all of us.

We have bus lanes just the same. Some are in force all the time, some are in the morning only and some are in the evening only. So no one drives in them its just to risky unless you know for sure that its safe. So you have to take your eyes of the traffic to read the bloody notices.

Thanks for that. I've no details whatever about this particular case but your post reminded me of the Lendal Bridge Fiasco where the city of York repaid over a million pounds in fines imposed over their bus lane; I remember from somewhere that council incompetence over the bus lane cost the tax payers of York some £5 million. https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11760652.total-cost-of-lendal-bridge-fiasco-to-top-760000/

There was also ahe Fishergate Bus Lane in Preston. http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=6024.0 which resulted in, I think, appraoching half a million pounds refund and who know what in admin costs

And this council didn't learn; problems continued.

https://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2019/...rong-demand-for-higher-penalties-for-drivers/ The council glibly says it was a glitch.

Not always motorists' fault – but parking in a bus lane!

i dont do cities but our 2 youngest both went to exeter uni so ive had to drive there a few times.... the bus lanes are timed ... the locals are familiar with the timings but i just kept out of them.. same with the on street parking .... blxxxxdy nightmare unless you know the locality. did see a removals lorry on one occassion in one of the backstreets with residents cars parked both sides , he just parked in the middle whilst loading, to be fair there were parallel streets behind the houses both sides so it wasnt much of a hassle.

I have seen vans here across 3 parking bays and level jacks down,then people wonder why others get pi--ed of.
They are anti social types who would never come on forums or talk to others,blind to the world around them.
cearful trev that may be me,ok pj

Surely they mean campers are parking in bus parking spaces in the car park?
yes in dungarvan the council marked out extra long parking bus lanes but some campers were saying the parking spaces were for them hence the 40 euro parking fine.
a few years ago one bank holiday weekend campers took over the car park which resulted in the locals could not park there.
that caused ill feelings towards campers.
tony

Isn't that how all road signs work. That's why they put them up.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back