Campervan Travel with Dogs

2 jack russells sat on the passenger seat with harnesses telling me where to go :0

oh and yes trust me 2 labs in a vw will hamper you big time. My 2 jackies got on my nerves in my old autotrail van (see avatar pic) much more space now I have the imala 734 bliss.

Yes we have travelled with our dogs but not in VW camper. If we only take the Collie then she fits into a cage under the table (A class). But if we take the two Germans with us then they have their own trailer 👋
I wouldn't recommend a VW camper for your size of dogs. We are onto our second Ford Transit conversion as you get the height & space you need. We have a raised double bed in the back at a height to accommodate a cage for underneath for the dogs. We then nailed a border frame on the floor fitted around the cage to stop it sliding around. We then fold it up when pitched up and the dogs have plenty space to stretch out and sleep underneath.

she thinks she’s the driver, where else would you expect her to sit?
6E550ECB-09DF-413A-9044-06B0A8F1CFEE.jpeg

Dog travels on bed at rear . Bought , slightly stretchy , heavy duty garden netting . Fixed to 6 anchor points , easily removed .

our dogs wear a harness and are clipped on to the rear of the seats but you could install sunken ring in the floor to clip to. chain is long enough to allow them to stand sit or turn around but not go flying in the event of and accident.

I got stopped at a police checkpoint on my way to the Great Dorset Steam Fair. It was only after I set off that I thought about the dog, sitting in the passenger seat giving the bobby at the window grief, might have got me into trouble. In the car she is regularly doing a Churchill on the parcel shelf.

Travelling with anything bigger than a chowawa in a VW and it will resemble the interior of a kennel on wet days especially.

VW.........TWO LABS.........you must be joking.
Our springer takes up enough room in a two berth Autotrail.

I only travel with one of my 3 dogs she is in her bed under the table with a harness fastened to seatbelt clip she also wears a thunder coat to stop her getting stressed while travelling.

E7E3FE13-7DE5-40F9-B458-D8615DF62EBD.jpeg

Travelling with anything bigger than a chowawa in a VW and it will resemble the interior of a kennel on wet days especially.
We manage just fine in our T5 with our lab/collie cross. She is in the passenger foot well or lying on the bed when we travel and sleeps on the floor. We use our van all year and have no issues.

Attachments

• 626FB62B-8C8C-46EE-84EF-69712B7B0A48.jpeg
    626FB62B-8C8C-46EE-84EF-69712B7B0A48.jpeg
    498 KB · Views: 106

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back