camper repairs

tony

i contacted 3 different people who do work on campers to get a job done.
one is booked up completely for the next 12 months.
the other two are to busy with complete conversions to do anything else.
this must be to do with the extra campers on the road due to the pandemic.

its an ill wind that dont blow someone any good.

tony

i want the air/con unit removed from the roof & replaced with a skylight.

am living in waterford, ireland.

tony

Motorhoming is turning into a DIY hobby. If you cannot fix it yourself you just have to put up with it. It's going to get worse as more and mor people want jobs doing. On the Bailey forum they are complaining about screws missing and having to go back to the Dealers.

When you think about it if a Dealer can fit an air on unit it cannot be to difficult to remove.

Just looking around on Google, it would appear that there are air con units which require a 400x400mm aperture. If this is the case with yours it would probably be an easy(ish) job to remove the air con unit and 400x400mm skylights are readily available as well as other sizes.

It may turn out that half of the work has already been done for you.

Just looking around on Google, it would appear that there are air con units which require a 400x400mm aperture. If this is the case with yours it would probably be an easy(ish) job to remove the air con unit and 400x400mm skylights are readily available as well as other sizes.

It may turn out that half of the work has already been done for you.
A boat hatch rob would be good, seen a few nice tinted ones in my day, handy as you could fit an ejector seat under it for the misses when they say I do need to go shopping. 😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back