CAMC letter to prof Whitty of nhs England

mariesnowgoose

They're going to scrub down and disinfect all toilets and showers after each person uses them then? :unsure: I think it mentions somewhere in the letter about visitors units being 'self contained'. We have members on here who work for camping/caravan sites who are working towards re-opening and what needs to be done in order to do so (relatively) safely. I don't think opening communal showers & toilets was on the agenda? The main points to be looked at are around the shared facilities you DO actually need to use while on site, i.e. water points and waste disposal. Lots of people who own caravans and motorhomes never, ever use their onboard washrooms & toilets. Dunno why? Maybe they want to keep them unused and pristine to purportedly make the potential resale value better. Doesn't make any sense to me, but there you are, everyone is different. That's why, imho, wild campers are generally perfect for this particular 'virus' situation, much more so than those who would never...
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

mariesnowgoose

CAMC will be able to introduce more rules to keep the warden's happy . I'm a member, but certainly not a lover of the CAMC, Baz. Have good friends who have worked for them for around 15 years now and as an organisation they have introduced some really daft changes over those years. And yes, some of the full time wardens have no people skills whatsoever, either with staff or visitors, which begs lots of questions about their recruitment process ...:unsure:

molly 2

I'm a member, but certainly not a lover of the CAMC, Baz. Have good friends who have worked for them for around 15 years now and as an organisation they have introduced some really daft changes over those years. And yes, some of the full time wardens have no people skills whatsoever, either with staff or visitors, which begs lots of questions about their recruitment process ...:unsure: I have been member but only been threatened with eviction once .rule 1001 not close enough to the white post. You no what it,s like when someone ruffles goose feathers .

Last edited:

Jo001

I've seen both sides of the CAMC wardens. On one site, we got a row because our 12 week old pup did a wee on the grass 👎. But I have met some fabulous wardens too, one place in particular we always get greeted by name, on one occasion they noticed before we arrived that I'd booked a non-awning pitch which they (correctly) assumed was a mistake so they had amended the booking, they always stop for a chat, really outstanding service.

trevskoda

I'm a member, but certainly not a lover of the CAMC, Baz. Have good friends who have worked for them for around 15 years now and as an organisation they have introduced some really daft changes over those years. And yes, some of the full time wardens have no people skills whatsoever, either with staff or visitors, which begs lots of questions about their recruitment process ...:unsure: There trained from an early age.

Fisherman

CAMC will be able to introduce more rules to keep the warden's happy . We were on a site on a pitch with no awning. But being a Motorhome with no car to park, we put out our awning were we would have parked a car. Well within minutes I was told that I should not have an awning out because of fire regulations. Well I told her I have no car to park, surely a car presents a greater fire hazard than an awning. Well she said I should have booked a pitch with awning. I told her there were none when I booked. She again talked about fire regulations, I told her i was 30 years a firefighter and in my honest opinion I posed a lower risk of fire with an awning than a car. She walked away clearly miffed.

channa

The purpose of my post wasn’t to praise.or critics ever wardens in the CAMC. Many members here have expressed that will feel more comfortable wilding when regular sites are open. Whether you are a member of the CAMC or not they have attempted a dialogue with the government which will indirectly benefit us. Some of the spend figures I thought may be interesting too