Cable Routing in Motorhome

wildebus

Wondering if anyone has any inside/previous knowledge on the following ....

I am needing to run some cables from the Electrical 'Heart' of my Autotrail Motorhome in a top cupboard to underneath the bench seat below it - see the photo below

AT635 - Electrics Route
by David, on Flickr

I can run cables easily vertically up to around the top of the red line. But the tricky bit is getting it from that point into the cupboard (so very approximately where the red dotted line goes).
I am wanting to have the cables totally hidden and not add extra visible conduits and this is the tricky bit. Cables to run include Mains Cable, pair of Solar Cables and some data cables, so while not a big cluster of cabling, enough to make it a little tricky to just pull through any existing gaps I think.

If it were me i would run box section cable conduit in the corner where the curtain is all the way to the floor so it would look like part of the van, use small screws to hold the back bit in place so then only to snap the face on, this could be covered with gray trim,no one will ever know except you.

If it were me i would run box section cable conduit in the corner where the curtain is all the way to the floor so it would look like part of the van, use small screws to hold the back bit in place so then only to snap the face on, this could be covered with gray trim,no one will ever know except you.
Cheers Trev, but as I said, I don't want to add conduit except as a last resort

Remember on a new build the conduit you use is never big enough
IMG_0201[1].JPG

If its anything like our swift sundance... Its nigh on impossible to get at most of the factory cable runs...
And never usually where you need them,

I almost ended up using this...

But managed in the end to run most of it underneath the van in flexible conduit and going for a WiFi reversing camera instead of hard wired.

The original trim where the seatbelt is will come off and give you more options :)

Teaching sucking of eggs, but data and mains cables together 🤔

The original trim where the seatbelt is will come off and give you more options :)

Teaching sucking of eggs, but data and mains cables together 🤔
Yup, not ideal.

Now I have been informed of another available route which would have been good. However, around 15 minutes before that I drilled a couple of holes! These allowed me to route a cable right in the corner where it is very much out of view in the overcab space.
The available route is actually using the one where Autotrail run their cables but is a bit tricky to add, so right now I am using my new holes to run one cable (I won't have the other cables to run for quite a while anyway).
This is behind the light fitting ... can go down between the walls and the shell, or in my case with new holes, go across and down the B pillar.
1601392672611.png

I went across and down with one data cable for now....

I wanted to have the BMV-712 accessible inside to view
1601392596191.png

But while I want extra features and information, I don't want to change the appearance of the interior. So I can easily physically access that monitor whenever I want, but by default it is hidden
1601392610936.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back