C&M Email

mjvw

Just thought may be of interest as it may effect some community member's

In light of the recent Government announcements on local lockdowns, we wanted to provide you with some information and advice to help you plan your stays on Club campsites, in line with the latest Government information.

The safety and well being of our guests, staff and local communities, remains our top priority and so we ask for your continued support to keep our campsites as safe as possible. In order to support this, all members will be asked to register their attendance at our sites through the NHS Test & Trace App to record their visit. In addition, we may check the residential addresses on our system to confirm arriving members are not from an area that does not permit travel.

If you are affected by these new Government announcements and have a booking which is affected by these guidelines, please cancel or amend your booking for free to allow other members to benefit from the availability.

Please remember to check our information page before booking or traveling to campsites.

ENGLAND

Following the latest Government announcements for England regarding local lockdowns and the introduction of the Local COVID alert levels the majority of our Club campsites are within the Local Alert level of Medium and remain open to members and guests.

Members and guests who reside in a Local Alert level of Very High should not travel to any of the Club’s other campsites whilst the alert is in place but can continue to stay at a campsite within their own very high alert area.

Please also be aware that on arrival at one of our campsites that is within a very high alert area, our sites teams have been asked to monitor home address details to ensure we are keeping all of our guests as safe as possible.

WALES

With effect from Friday 16th October at 6pm, travel into Wales is forbidden if you reside in an area in England that is classified with either a High or Very High Alert Level.

Following the latest Welsh Government announcements on county borough lockdowns, members and guests who reside within the county boroughs of each Club campsite can continue to stay at the site.

If you are travelling through a lockdown area to reach a destination outside of the borough then you will be able to travel through, but only if there is no alternative route available.

SCOTLAND

Whilst Scotland have introduced a number of local restrictions in response to COVID, these do not currently affect any of our Club campsites.

Please remember to check our information page before booking or traveling to campsites.

Whilst we understand the inconvenience and frustration this may cause, we thank you in advance for ensuring you comply with the requirements above. This will ensure we continue to be seen as a highly responsible organisation by Government and enforcing authorities, allowing us to keep our sites operating and welcoming you where the restrictions allow.

Can I also take this opportunity to say a big thank you to all of our members for your ongoing support this year and for your kind messages and comments. By renewing membership and making bookings, you’ve enabled us to continue to be able to provide the products and services you love and enjoy to help you with your touring.

Nick Lomas
Director General
Caravan and Motorhome Club

There’s a flaw in the plan for me (and surely many others), I cant get the NHS Test & Trace app on my iPhone as the minimum requirement is ios13.5 and I cant get that on my iPhone 6.
Valid point wonder what would happen then? works on my phone but keep getting the google apple alert that I have been told to ignore.

There’s a flaw in the plan for me (and surely many others), I cant get the NHS Test & Trace app on my iPhone as the minimum requirement is ios13.5 and I cant get that on my iPhone 6.

I have that problem too. Another flaw is that if you have the Scottish app the English one won’t work.

I guess they will need to review the systems they have put in place, sound like it has not been thought through.

I just looked up the NHS track & trace app minimum requirements out of curiosity.
For Apple phones, you will need versions 13.5 or higher. Android phones will need version 6.0 or higher. So if your Apple phone is 5 years old or more then it is no longer supported for IOS updates and not compatible with the app. Android 6 was released in 2015 but older devices may still be supported for operating system updates.
This is an informative read about how the app is supposed to work.
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/nhs-covid-19-tracking-app-contact-tracing

I think the simple answer is if you're in a 'high level alert' area then you have to stay within its boundaries, whether that's on a campsite or anywhere else.

Anywhere else, good luck working it out for yourself.

As for the phone app, I have several relatives and friends who can't install it because their equipment isn't up to scratch.

I will say no more on the subject, else I will find myself heading in the direction of sshhhh! you-know-what... o_O ;)

My problem is that I really don't want to get the App so won't be using the club sites. I have managed to visit hotels, restaurants and pubs by merely giving my details on entry so why can't the club manage with that. After all they have more information about us than Wetherspoons, but they may not see me as often.

I have that problem too. Another flaw is that if you have the Scottish app the English one won’t work.
I just read this:
"
Apple and Google's framework will not allow two apps to contact trace simultaneously.

So when you cross the border from England to Scotland, you need to open the Scottish app and turn on contact tracing within it. This will bring up a prompt asking: "Switch app for exposure notifications?" When you do this, it will turn off the app you were using beforehand."

So I guess you install both and switch as appropriate.

I just read this:
"
Apple and Google's framework will not allow two apps to contact trace simultaneously.

So when you cross the border from England to Scotland, you need to open the Scottish app and turn on contact tracing within it. This will bring up a prompt asking: "Switch app for exposure notifications?" When you do this, it will turn off the app you were using beforehand."

So I guess you install both and switch as appropriate.

Unfortunately the app would not even load on the phone in question, saying that there was already a conflicting app installed.

Unfortunately the app would not even load on the phone in question, saying that there was already a conflicting app installed.
I'll try it on mine and see what happens.

Did you turn off the existing app before trying to install the other one?

Not sure, but possibly not. I wonder how many lives have been lost by not having a single UK app.
I just installed the English/Welsh NHS Covid app on my Android phone and it started without any problem and switched the tracking over from the Scottish one.
Changing back to the Scottish one wasn't so easy as it tells you you need to go to settings to change the "Exposure Notifications" setting manually but you don't - you just scroll down further and hit the "Turn On" (why hide a key option!!)
The English App is a little better, but you still need to scroll down to see the "Contact Tracing" sliding button to turn it on (again, why hide the key option?)

You need a Welsh or English Postcode to install the App also. I could use my own postcode as it is both Scottish and English at the same time (lucky me!)

Many over 50 here dont have a mobile ph so whats the point, and there in and out of each others homes boozing and telling yarns as they do.

Many over 50 here dont have a mobile ph so whats the point, and there in and out of each others homes boozing and telling yarns as they do.
Maybe the over 50's over there should get a brain and use it instead of addling it with drink?

• Funny
Reactions: 2cv

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back