C&CC closing sites

number14

From an article in the Stourbridge News:

"Clent Hills is not the only site affected.

The Camping and Carvanning Club’s sites in Bala, Hertford, Kelvedon Hatch, Lauder, Sheriff Hutton, Slindon, Speyside, and Theobalds Park will also be closing temporarily from July 23."

Apparently due to staff shortages but AFAICS nothing on the club website yet.
Interesting, but, I guess, does not affect many on here.

I guess they are having pinging problems like every business is.

It has been on the CCC website but well hidden. People who were on the sites were given 4 days notice that they had to leave.

It was in last club magazine.
Funny enough we where at Kelvedon Hatch t'other week, at that time there where plenty of staff, I would guess more than usual, but Oldbury Hill was closed due to lack of staff, I guess they have transferred the staff across to Oldbury now.

The Camping and Carvanning Club’s sites in Bala, Hertford, Kelvedon Hatch, Lauder, Sheriff Hutton, Slindon, Speyside, and Theobalds Park will also be closing temporarily from July 23."

We were at Stratford racecourse event last weekend and the camper opposite was a recently unemployed caravan & camping club assistant warden.
He told us that managers were furll

We have just returned home from the Appletree Stratford rally and exhibition, The two motorhomes opposite us were recently unemployed assistant wardens from the Caravan & camping club. it appears not is all well with the staff relations, Upon the lockdown managers received furlough plus top up from the club,
Not so the assistants.
Recently the club required all the assistants to work on zero hours contracts, around 100 staff gave notice, hence the shortage of staff and closures.
The main grieviance was all full time staff across the club on sites plus head office were paid, not so assistants.

Don't blame them
Power to to the workers I say, Zero hour contracts, always the lowest paid get the worse conditions, I bet head office staff would not put up with them, The clubs run as a commercial company now not as it used to be for the members, They ( management ) have forgotten why Chertsey the first site to open was formed years ago.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back