Buying new set of steel wheels

hextal

Daft question, but where on line do you get OEM steel wheels? I like alloys normally, but fancy black steel wheels for the 'van.

I'd have thought they'd be easy to get hold of, but wheels never seem to be listed with any of the main OEM parts sellers.

Only ones I could find are made by magnetto (who I thought was a comic book villain). They sell the right ones for the 'van, but having never heard of them I thought I'd ask around.

Wondering if, like a lot of other components, the various vehicle manufacturers all use the same few wheel suppliers.

Why dont you get the alloy ones shotblasted and epoxy 2 pack primed followed by a coat of poly 2 pack finish,could do the same with steel wheels,and thats what i did on my van.
van wing.jpg
sw 4.jpg

Daft question, but where on line do you get OEM steel wheels? I like alloys normally, but fancy black steel wheels for the 'van.

I'd have thought they'd be easy to get hold of, but wheels never seem to be listed with any of the main OEM parts sellers.

Only ones I could find are made by magnetto (who I thought was a comic book villain). They sell the right ones for the 'van, but having never heard of them I thought I'd ask around.

Wondering if, like a lot of other components, the various vehicle manufacturers all use the same few wheel suppliers.
What make of van is it, our last van didn't come with a spare wheel so I ordered a new wheel from the local dealer and got a tyre fitted at the local tyre service.

What van do you require the wheels for ?
Try eBay or commercial vehicle breakers get some second hand ones and have them blasted and powder coated as new ones only have a very thin coating of paint

I'm due to get a new set of tyres so I was contemplating justing getting wheels/tyres package.

I originally planned to spruce up the existing steel wheels, but dropping off the tyres, getting all the rust off, spraying, etc. It just feels like it'll end up a ball ache.

I normally do that kind of thing myself, but the more I looked at it, the more of a fact it seemed.

It's a vauxhall movano 08

I'm due to get a new set of tyres so I was contemplating justing getting wheels/tyres package.

I originally planned to spruce up the existing steel wheels, but dropping off the tyres, getting all the rust off, spraying, etc. It just feels like it'll end up a ball ache.

I normally do that kind of thing myself, but the more I looked at it, the more of a fact it seemed.

It's a vauxhall movano 08
Shotblasting is the only real way to clean them,i did this work for years,wheels gates fire places and heavy ind work.
oil tank.jpg
fire place.jpg

Shotblasting is the only real way to clean them,i did this work for years,wheels gates fire places and heavy ind work.View attachment 78221View attachment 78222

i did shot blasting for years too mainly ships,submarines ,bridges and theThames barrier when it was getting built up in Middlesbrough,
It was a Belfast firm that also had a base in Hyde
Richard

i did shot blasting for years too mainly ships,submarines ,bridges and theThames barrier when it was getting built up in Middlesbrough,
It was a Belfast firm that also had a base in Hyde
Richard
Loynes of belfast,we opened up after the shut down,there was only us ,spraycraft LTD and ASR coatings left in ulster,we were also the only co in ireland allowed a licence to do teflon as the base thiner will kill you stone dead if one drop gets in your mouth,we got many jobs from cadbury in dublin for there star bar mould.

Loynes of belfast,we opened up after the shut down,there was only us ,spraycraft LTD and ASR coatings left in ulster,we were also the only co in ireland allowed a licence to do teflon as the base thiner will kill you stone dead if one drop gets in your mouth,we got many jobs from cadbury in dublin for there star bar mould.

this was the same firm I worked for first job I started on was the Hms invincible built in Barrow in Furness 1976

Last edited:
this was the same firm I worked for first job I started on was the Hms invisible built in Barrow in Furness 1976
Yes they did a lot of gov ministry jobs,so did i i cot the contract to coat the holding frames for marten baker ejector seats which is based just outside crumline in the old ww2 langford lodge airfield.

Thanks guys.

Yeah I'd tried those but couldn't find the ones for mine. The widths/offsets were invariably slightly off.

Anyway, checked the wheels on the van today and was able to make out the stamps on 2 of them. So did a search for the specific wheel make/model, rather than using the vehicle....result.

Now there's a thought...... I'm getting one of my bridges blasted fairly soon. If some wheels happened to end up in the same location..... perhaps leaning against a couple of cases of beer.....
Make sure your close by when they've finished blasting them, else they will have rusted away 🤣
I noticed a railway bridge is being done near me, single carriageway road span, single track line, 3 -4 month work, 7 vans there. So must be round £100,000 to paint it?

Make sure your close by when they've finished blasting them, else they will have rusted away 🤣
I noticed a railway bridge is being done near me, single carriageway road span, single track line, 3 -4 month work, 7 vans there. So must be round £100,000 to paint it?
You should not handle blasted steel with bare hands because of the acid,you should prim within the hr after blasting.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back