Brittany Ferries Launch new ship today 27 Nov - Invitation

I think its already been into Portsmouth and Plymouth a little while ago on trials. I seem to remember seeing something about when it was coming in but couldn't really build up enough enthusiasm to watch.

We haven't used this route before, choosing to use Dover Calvin or The channel tunnel, my wife is not a very good sailor and is terrified of going round the bay of biscay, but am still trying showing her pics of the new boat, hears hoping

I spent some years of my working life traveling on the Portsmouth/Caen route three times a week. Getting back to your vehicle on Deck 3 on the outward passage you would have no doubt about the cargoes on the lorries because the whole place stinks of fish. The return loads were mostly fruit and vegetables out of Spain. Freight drivers have to be given a berth and in winter this meant two to a cabin but in the summer when the tourists started it was four hairy bummed strangers to a cabin and lorries regularly have their booking changed to standby rather than confirmed, if you weren't a French driver, so that they could get an extra car or caravan on board leaving a lorry driver stranded on the dockside for eight or sixteen hours with no facilities other than a toilet and coffee vending machine. So I have no time for Brittany Ferries.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back