Bristol clean air diesel ban plan approved

harrow

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-e...vcXrmwYMJqVePO-tHB5Zqbcdgis-dvZr34Ulw4gMis1A0

Bristol is set to become the UK's first city to ban diesel cars from entering parts of the city centre in a bid to cut air pollution.
Bristol City Council has agreed to ban privately owned diesel cars from a central zone in the daytime. Commercial vehicles will pay to enter the area.
The city has long suffered from poor air quality, particularly from high levels of nitrogen dioxide (NO2).
The scheme, which needs government approval, is due to start in 2021.

P1ssed about this as I have a private car I use to service several customers in the area. Hey ho!

Chernobyl that’s Clydebank. Get the exhaust pollution bit but it won’t make that much difference banning a few cars then sticking on an extra 200 300 bus trips every day and think they were talking about Bristol airport becoming bigger and busier. Unemployment and degeneration will kill more slowly but it’ll still do the same job in the end.

Euro 4 260ppm, euro 5 200ppm, euro 5plus 150ppm, euro 6 80ppm and euro 6d 50ppm. so a euro 6d is five times cleaner in terms of particulate matter and N02 than a euro 4. Also diesel emits 30% less CO2 than petrol. Will buses that only do 3-4 mpg be allowed. What happened to Gordon Browns “dash for diesel”. So the politicians who told us to buy diesel are now stopping us from using them.
surely a ban on older diesels would have been better than this.

Ahhh but you can of course get round the ban by paying £9 a day for private diesel cars and everyone else with a diesel pays £100 a day including buses. So all that will happen is everyone will shop elsewhere and the cost of getting items delivered will go up and Bristol Council will be rolling in money.

Empty city centres because there won't be plans for public transport to be put in place or enough charging points for those who can't afford electric cars. They come up with "bright ideas" but never give a thought to planning for the future so long as they look and sound good at that moment.

Busses are a bad polluter and didn’t the ‘poo’ bus in Bristol get cancelled?

edit the No. 2 poo bus went down the pan. ...https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-bristol-38000317

Hence, anyone can pollute so long as they hand over some money to the mafioso. They'll then turn a blind eye to those belching black soot past the school/city gates.
Money=Nosmell+Nosee+Cango
QED.
No the £9 charge is only for taxis and vans (business reasons) but private cars will be banned.

An estimated 300 people a year die in Bristol due to air polution, to not do something about this would be criminal. Diesel cars are rapidly fading away as considerably more buyers of new cars opt for petrol.

An estimated 300 people a year die in Bristol due to air polution, to not do something about this would be criminal. Diesel cars are rapidly fading away as considerably more buyers of new cars opt for petrol.
Indeed and petrol will go the same way .
All the (mostly) old gits on here can drone on about this forever but its happening .
Yes governments and councils won't necessarily get the mechanics right but that is , surely , besides the point ?
It will affect me (and most on here) but surely I (we) have to accept it is necessary ?
Or , quite possibly , we are selfish old baskets who don't actually care about future generations . Think there is a lot of recent evidence proving this to be the case

Indeed and petrol will go the same way .
All the (mostly) old gits on here can drone on about this forever but its happening .
Yes governments and councils won't necessarily get the mechanics right but that is , surely , besides the point ?
It will affect me (and most on here) but surely I (we) have to accept it is necessary ?
Or , quite possibly , we are selfish old baskets who don't actually care about future generations . Think there is a lot of recent evidence proving this to be the case
I have always liked the idea of electric cars
BUT
its the cost of a cheap chinese one is £25000 that's a lot of money to spend on a car. :eek:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-e...vcXrmwYMJqVePO-tHB5Zqbcdgis-dvZr34Ulw4gMis1A0

Bristol is set to become the UK's first city to ban diesel cars from entering parts of the city centre in a bid to cut air pollution.
Bristol City Council has agreed to ban privately owned diesel cars from a central zone in the daytime. Commercial vehicles will pay to enter the area.
The city has long suffered from poor air quality, particularly from high levels of nitrogen dioxide (NO2).
The scheme, which needs government approval, is due to start in 2021.
are they going to ban helecopter and jet plaines and fire brigaid and amberlances oh, and the fuzz, oh, oh no,oh and ask them how they get to ,not there work,as
they dont do any,or should i say turn up for, what trans-port, are they using,oh they are all in wheel-chains, not all ok, ok.pj

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back