Born to be Wild Cover (For the Bikers and Rockers)

barryd

One for the Rockers and Bikers this! Watch it quick before it gets banned and moved to Vimeo (lots of clips and photos shamelessly nicked off the internet). Some of you are probably in it! 😬 Funny story about this one. I buggered up my expensive condenser mic the other day when playing around with this (well the XLR cable) so stuffed an ancient 70s jack plug mic lead into my twenty quid old mic and turned the gain up full to make it heard and screamed into it like a Rock Singer or summat. Thought it would be shit but it kind of sounds authentic (ish). Ive always thought the original was a bit lame as there is no solo, now there are two! Turning up to Number 11 mandatory as are big speakers or phones. My ears are bleeding. 747 will like the ending.
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

barryd

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. Good bit of fun. I done a lot of downbeat and intricate stuff lately so it was good to just let rip with something loud and proper Rock. I have tried to work out if it counts as my daily exercise as I was pretty knackered after a couple of hours playing it. :D Im thinking of doing a Sponsored solo to raise money for the NHS or something, after that I did a Solo jam for over 10 minutes which is my record so far. I reckon I could do an hour if someone kept topping up and feeding me the Scotch / Vino.

oppy

One for the Rockers and Bikers this! Watch it quick before it gets banned and moved to Vimeo (lots of clips and photos shamelessly nicked off the internet). Some of you are probably in it! 😬 Funny story about this one. I buggered up my expensive condenser mic the other day when playing around with this (well the XLR cable) so stuffed an ancient 70s jack plug mic lead into my twenty quid old mic and turned the gain up full to make it heard and screamed into it like a Rock Singer or summat. Thought it would be shit but it kind of sounds authentic (ish). Ive always thought the original was a bit lame as there is no solo, now there are two! Turning up to Number 11 mandatory as are big speakers or phones. My ears are bleeding. 747 will like the ending. Bloomin' 'eck young Barrington you missed this one By the way, I cannot get through to the info that you sent me, but I've got a neighbour who just may be the answer. Btw I've a Shure Uni dime here if you want a lend !!!

barryd

More like ''Been to drink mild'' these days. It's going to be great when the WC home for the slightly befuddled resounds to the sounds of Hawkwind and Led Zeppelin. Cheers H you wanna bit of Hawkwind? (Please dont ask me to do Led Zeppelin) :D

barryd

Bloomin' 'eck young Barrington you missed this one By the way, I cannot get through to the info that you sent me, but I've got a neighbour who just may be the answer. Btw I've a Shure Uni dime here if you want a lend !!! Great video and music. You will have to remind me what info I Sent you. Was it to do with recording?

izwozral

you wanna bit of Hawkwind? (Please dont ask me to do Led Zeppelin) :D Anther good 'un there Barry, I actually like that more than the original.

mjvw

One for the Rockers and Bikers this! Watch it quick before it gets banned and moved to Vimeo (lots of clips and photos shamelessly nicked off the internet). Some of you are probably in it! 😬 Funny story about this one. I buggered up my expensive condenser mic the other day when playing around with this (well the XLR cable) so stuffed an ancient 70s jack plug mic lead into my twenty quid old mic and turned the gain up full to make it heard and screamed into it like a Rock Singer or summat. Thought it would be shit but it kind of sounds authentic (ish). Ive always thought the original was a bit lame as there is no solo, now there are two! Turning up to Number 11 mandatory as are big speakers or phones. My ears are bleeding. 747 will like the ending. Great loved it, awesome what about?

barryd

Thanks. Bit of an oldie that one, 2018 I think. Hawkwind were one of my favourite bands. I saw them twice live up here in Newcastle and at Redcar bowl (Great venue) but the best one ever was in the now infamous and long since banned Travellers field at Glastonbury festival. It was like a scene from a Mad Max movie, down a long track away from the main festival it would kick off early on before the main weekend and carry on until they were eventually kicked off. You never knew who were going to turn up and play but on this particular year both Devo and Hawkwind turned up in the early hours of the morning and played off the back of a flat bed truck (the Stage). We never made it back to our tents that night. I woke up in a hedge covered in mud. :D

mjvw

I saw Hawkwind, when they had a little melt down and changed their name to Hawklords at NC city hall beer was pant's TBF Hawkwind all came out wearing potato sacks and they weren't at their best silver machine was the on-cor. As for Redcar cotham bowl great venue (y)

barryd

I saw Hawkwind, when they had a little melt down and changed their name to Hawklords at NC city hall beer was pant's TBF Hawkwind all came out wearing potato sacks and they weren't at their best silver machine was the on-cor. As for Redcar cotham bowl great venue (y) I think the venue and the crowd make all the difference. In Newcastle they were on at the Mayfair (long gone I think). That was another good venue. There is something about Redcar Bowl though and I cant put my finger on it. I saw Big Country there once as well (early 90s) and it was one of the best gigs I ever went to along with the Hawkwind gig there. Cant remember the last gig I went to now, its been a long long time sadly. My Arthritis means festivals are right out and I cant stand for long. Oh I tell a lie. I had to set up a Video conferencing thing for a bloke with a Ukulele the other day so he could play live to a load of care homes all over the Dales so I had to sit through 45 minutes of Tiptoe Through...

mjvw

Talking of another good gig venue barrowland Glasgow saw the levelers there what a gig!!!! Redcar bowl was a small and intimate venue nearly got taken out by Magnums pyrotechnic's..... it was 5 minutes before i could see again and i had a bit of sunburn, that will teach me to stand to close to the front:(