Boris: SD changing 4th July

zzr1400tim

Why do you think it is nonsense?

You must be lucky that you don't have anyone you care about who would be at huge risk if they caught this disease. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Hello Yorkslass,
A good evening to you..
I am not "lucky" I care for many of my family and friends

My last surviving uncle died a few weeks ago in the nursing home. His death was attributed to Covid 19 so he went on the tick box.
But he didn't die of Covid. He just had it present in his body at the time of his demise.
He died with it. He actually died because his 94 year old body had reached the end, he had ischemic heart disease and dementia. God bless him and RIP Ted.
Mrs ZZR is a senior NHS A&E nurse at the local hospital here. She has type 2 diabetes and , like me, is in the over 60 age bracket. (so both of us are at "huge risk") She has had to carry on working throughout. The A&E department has been empty last few months. Major wards have been emptied and closed down for "routine" work (cancer patients etc..) in order to cater for the incoming droves with Covid.
The reality is that the "covid droves" didn't happen. Yes, there were many but the ICU departments coped admirably well.

In answer to your question. Why I think its nonsense..

The whole world has over-reacted to a nasty virus that (so far) has killed not even half a million people globally
World population = 7.8 billion people. Worldwide Covid 19 deaths = 346,00. (collateral damage)
Definitely an overreaction methinks. Its a very nasty flu virus .. its NOT the bubonic plague!! In the UK here it was originally estimated by the government scientists that 1 million of us were certainly going to die. This was then re-evaluated down to 500,000. The "deaths" (so far) is about 43,000.
Sounds harsh but the majority of these folks were in the twilight years of their lives anyway with major health issues , like my Uncle Ted. Even so we have 67 million people in the UK. The numbers did not warrant lockdown. The eventual results of the overreaction to this flu virus = Deaths from people that needed routine treatments that were put on hold for the covid patients, Economies ruined, Businesses folding, Mass unemployment, estimated 150 - 500 million people starving in the poorer countries, pubic transportation disrupted, airline industry crippled, Hospitality industry ruined, individual privacies gone, mental health issues, children's education disrupted, Sports, Entertainment, holidays, recreational activities all ruined .. the list goes on and on
We all need to go back to normal right now = stop walking around in silly blue masks (muzzles) and gloves, stop standing metres apart from others, stop queuing outside shops and above all stop being scared to death and obeying everything with a bovine obedience to follow everything that the negative gutter media pumps out in the search for headlines.
If you are genuinely concerned about your health and safety then stay at home..
but please allow the rest of us the freedom to make up our own minds, to take our chances and carry on with life, work and maintaining a healthy buoyant society.
Rant over
attached a few angry faces too .. that's how I have felt from day 1 of this nonsense..
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Minisorella

The reality is that the "covid droves" didn't happen. Yes, there were many but the ICU departments coped admirably well.
The whole world has over-reacted to a nasty virus that (so far) has killed not even half a million people globally
I couldn't disagree with you more. The only reason the numbers weren't far worse is due to lockdown and distancing rules. How easy it is now to pretend it was all a storm in a teacup. Maybe next pandemic the world will try things your way and see how that turns out :rolleyes:

yorkslass

Hello Yorkslass,
A good evening to you..

My last surviving uncle died a few weeks ago in the nursing home. His death was attributed to Covid 19 so he went on the tick box.
But he didn't die of Covid. He just had it present in his body at the time of his demise.
He died with it. He actually died because his 94 year old body had reached the end, he had ischemic heart disease and dementia. God bless him and RIP Ted.
Mrs ZZR is a senior NHS A&E nurse at the local hospital here. She has type 2 diabetes and , like me, is in the over 60 age bracket. (so both of us are at "huge risk") She has had to carry on working throughout. The A&E department has been empty last few months. Major wards have been emptied and closed down for "routine" work (cancer patients etc..) in order to cater for the incoming droves with Covid.

World population = 7.8 billion people. Worldwide Covid 19 deaths = 346,00. (collateral damage)
Definitely an overreaction methinks. Its a very nasty flu virus .. its NOT the bubonic plague!! In the UK here it was originally estimated by the government scientists that 1 million of us were certainly going to die. This was then re-evaluated down to 500,000. The "deaths" (so far) is about 43,000.
Sounds harsh but the majority of these folks were in the twilight years of their lives anyway with major health issues , like my Uncle Ted. Even so we have 67 million people in the UK. The numbers did not warrant lockdown. The eventual results of the overreaction to this flu virus = Deaths from people that needed routine treatments that were put on hold for the covid patients, Economies ruined, Businesses folding, Mass unemployment, estimated 150 - 500 million people starving in the poorer countries, pubic transportation disrupted, airline industry crippled, Hospitality industry ruined, individual privacies gone, mental health issues, children's education disrupted, Sports, Entertainment, holidays, recreational activities all ruined .. the list goes on and on
We all need to go back to normal right now = stop walking around in silly blue masks (muzzles) and gloves, stop standing metres apart from others, stop queuing outside shops and above all stop being scared to death and obeying everything with a bovine obedience to follow everything that the negative gutter media pumps out in the search for headlines.
but please allow the rest of us the freedom to make up our own minds, to take our chances and carry on with life, work and maintaining a healthy buoyant society.
Rant over
attached a few angry faces too .. that's how I have felt from day 1 of this nonsense..
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I'm sorry you feel like this, and yes, i agree we need to try to get back to normal, but i believe without lockdown so many more people would have died. I know the majority have been older but that doesn't mean that its ok if their lives are cut short. I know for sure my husband would have died....still could.....and i'm not ready to lose him yet.

mark61

Hello Yorkslass,
A good evening to you..

Rant over
Sorry to hear about your uncle.

I'm with you on the nonsense bit though.
Easy for me to say though.

Fazerloz

Going by this thread I guess the good people of NZ must be really pissed off going through severe lockdown for just 22 deaths . What a waste that was. A good job Russia, Bazil and USA are trying harder to make the numbers up. Maybe we need leaders like them.

Last edited:

Tim120

I think what Boris is trying to say is 'let's crack on, hope for the best and see what happens'

Fisherman

I am astounded that some folk reckon that letting at least 250,000 people die a slow and horrible death would have been preferable to lock down. Because had we simply ignored this and treated it as a “Nasty flue virus” that’s what would have happened. To quote the current level of deaths taking no cognisance of the effect of the lock down has had, shows a complete lack of understanding of what is going on right now. During the 1918 Spanish flue we relaxed measures after 2 million had died worldwide. That resulted in an estimated 50 million deaths from a tragic second wave, hopefully lessons have been learned. This crisis is not over, this is not the beginning of the end. Without a vaccine life cannot and will not return to normal.

Fisherman

It'll be interesting to see how many deaths will occur as a result of the lockdown and how many old people have actually died as a result of the clearing of hospital beds to cope with huge numbers of Covid patients who didn't materialise.
Sorry Sam but doing nothing was never an option.
Yes it’s sad that some have died due to lockdown.
But had the nhs been overwhelmed many more would have died, and would be dying today.

Fazerloz

popped up on my facebook this morning got a point not that the closed minds will listen but then they never do whichever side of the fenceView attachment 83712
Just because someone might have got some things right, Time will tell on that one. Doesn't absolve them from criticism from what they got wrong, otherwise you never learn the lessons of you mistakes. Neither does just saying "So shut the 🙈🙉🙊 up." That works both ways.

rugbyken

as i said it was a copy & paste so the shut the **** up wasn't me! not much laughable about this situation but i do find it amusing on a daily basis to see outraged comments from both sides contradicting each other ie we went into lockdown too soon its an overreaction, or half a million lives would have been saved if we had gone into lockdown a week sooner etc , most i do believe spawned by the media chasing a story, i do know i’m glad i’m not PM at the moment

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:183)

Sky, 2cv, trixie88, campervanannie, rugbyken, Edina, fiona68, izwozral, runnach, mariesnowgoose, zzr1400tim, channa, james1508, mossypossy, defender, jacquigem, elfish, hank, Asterix, caledonia, ian1950, wildebus, Penny13, yorkslass, nosfunk, TeamRienza, Chip, Fazerloz, trevskoda, SimonM, Minisorella, Martingrant, colinmd, Tookey, Nidge, myvanwy, landoboguy, terrywolf, Herbenny, molly 2, ton27, Geeky Philip, barge1914, 1807truckman, mark61, mygrassisblue, martinmartin, pondhoppers, jeanette, Fifer, scampa, Allen, Raptor107, Biggarmac, Tim120, Fisherman, Deneb, antiquesam, JVG, paulhelenwilko, Yelto, Paulajc, mjvw, mickymost, Moped, britcoms, smg, mistericeman, Alberto, Mikael, mofish, yorkieowl, jann, alwaysared, Clummzie, Victor, NeilyG, Dezi, kevlakes, Derekoak, hino joe, Bossangel, Wully, powerplus, Andysm, iampatman, Clunegapyears, ATwin, IrishRover, JeanDerek, dawncur, Scotia, tonyball, clarkpeacock, barryd, Rapido9, Ian McMillan, JohnC, Roy Laura, AllanD, vtwinner, antiqueman, The laird, Emmie, Bobs, Smcmeekin, SMcDermid, helmit, Nabsim, Wheelie, maingate, hextal, highlandron, denmar, davep10000, ajb70, Harryw, Carrerasax, Haaamster, Barry1, GreggBear, Jezz, Nowego, Harleyboygaz3, Jandb4, purplesage, Jayg, TonyandJo, Full Member, Chris356, Moonraker 2, Bigshug, Goggles, lands43, Iscicle, Dylboy, rover123, jas900, chrisjones18, flying kipper, richardstubbs, Oddeyes, paul99, TipsyGipsy, Helbel236, yorkscol, carmel thornton, samsda, Eric Eke, davef, TangoGypsy, Debroos, Pandaman2020, mandd, maxxnorthwest, Toffeecat, number14, alcam, Hallmut, Val54, I&MK, twink, castaway, Steve C, jagmanx, Steve and Julie, silverweed, robertcatc, Bacup lad, Justjack, ironman, lofty, Mobilvetta, Servo, chipvan, Cheepskait, Juliet, Monkeybrand, kiwi, long time dead, Bob, moonshadow, witzend,