Bifacial Solar

Asterix

Free Member
After months of staring at different solar panels I've tentatively decided to get a couple of these,before I place my order I thought I'd throw them in the ring and see what others think. There's such a massive variety out there to choose from but my main criteria has been to get maximum efficiency in the winter time without resorting to tilting panels.
Thoughts and comments welcome.

310W JA Bifacial Solar Panel Up To 400W - New A Grade - Bifacial Mono Percium - 60 cell - up to 40% more power on cloudy days

After months of staring at different solar panels I've tentatively decided to get a couple of these,before I place my order I thought I'd throw them in the ring and see what others think. There's such a massive variety out there to choose from but my main criteria has been to get maximum efficiency in the winter time without resorting to tilting panels.
Thoughts and comments welcome.

310W JA Bifacial Solar Panel Up To 400W - New A Grade - Bifacial Mono Percium - 60 cell - up to 40% more power on cloudy days
They sound good and the price/watt even without the "bonus" feature is decent. Worth a punt I reckon :)

I'd never heard of these bifacial panels before,still don't really understand how they absorb light from underneath but the area I'm looking at mounting them is currently black,easy enough to respray it white...but then I thought what about a mirror,I wonder if there would be another gain. I was going to pick them up in person so I might ask if there's any advantage to that.

I'd never heard of these bifacial panels before,still don't really understand how they absorb light from underneath but the area I'm looking at mounting them is currently black,easy enough to respray it white...but then I thought what about a mirror,I wonder if there would be another gain. I was going to pick them up in person so I might ask if there's any advantage to that.
I would have thought using some of those plastic mirror sheets (think they are used on doors?) could give best effect?

All looks VG

I might say too good to be true..
But as others have said Bimble are good..

Worth as punt

I have bought some bits from Bimble and always seemed good. Wasn’t someone looking at these a few months ago? Wasn’t Phil was it?

I think there was a post on here mentioning them but can’t remember if there was anything specific for or against.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea but on the average motorhome panel mounts the panel is quite close to the roof so is it going to get much light to the underside? I think not. Maybe Ive picked the idea up wrong?

Sounds like a good idea but on the average motorhome panel mounts the panel is quite close to the roof so is it going to get much light to the underside? I think not. Maybe Ive picked the idea up wrong?

The roof on the back of my truck slopes down,I think originally for a roller door so plenty of room underneath once they're mounted. Not sure how they'd work on a normal flat roof though.

The roof on the back of my truck slopes down,I think originally for a roller door so plenty of room underneath once they're mounted. Not sure how they'd work on a normal flat roof though.

Isn’t it supposed to be light that passes through then reflects back? Only guessing lol

Isn’t it supposed to be light that passes through then reflects back? Only guessing lol

That's my understanding from reading the info on bimble,but I would guess if they were raised they could attract more low angle light.

They sound good, as for painting underneath them what about a chrome mirror finish vehicle wrap just for under them

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back