Beyond the old iron curtain

TimmyP

Free Member
Hi, We are doing a little research into our next adventure after Covid.
Taking it that at least one of thecurrent batches of vaccines becomes readily available and actually works on ordinary people, we are planning a new adventure.
Having already travelled extensivly in Central and Southern Europe we were planning a trip East. We have already been to Germany and Poland but were thinking of Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia.
So has anybody been to these countries and visited Villinus, Riga and Tallin. We will be travelling probably France , Belgium, Northern Germany, Northern Poland and then further afield. Any recommendations on places to visit and places to stay.
Ta Muchly

Hi, We are doing a little research into our next adventure after Covid. were thinking of Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia.
We drove up thru to Tallin for the ferry to Finland used stops listed on Camper contact everyone we met were friendly and interested in our journey

Have been up to Estonia, but don't know it well enough to recommend any places. Tallinn old town is a nice enough place to visit, but outside of that we spent most time on the islands of Muhu and Saaremaa, so haven't seen much of the rest of Estonia. Drove straight through Lithuania and Latvia, night time stop on lay by somewhere.
Spent a couple of days in the Masutian lake district area in Poland, that was stunning and well worth an explore. Lots of woodland walk, nice towns and the Wolfs Lair which is well worth a visit.

Have been up to Estonia, but don't know it well enough to recommend any places. Tallinn old town is a nice enough place to visit, but outside of that we spent most time on the islands of Muhu and Saaremaa, so haven't seen much of the rest of Estonia. Drove straight through Lithuania and Latvia, night time stop on lay by somewhere.
Spent a couple of days in the Masutian lake district area in Poland, that was stunning and well worth an explore. Lots of woodland walk, nice towns and the Wolfs Lair which is well worth a visit.
The lakes and mountains around Zacopane, Poland, have been on my bucket list for a while. Planning for 2022, once this 2019 thing is sorted.
I worked with a bloke from this area, who said while beautiful, possibly the view from the Czech side might be better. If the first trip is successful, maybe another for comparison. Time's a passing.

Have a look at ueberallpenner.de on ytube a german couple travelling around scandinavia an travelling through Finland, Baltic states, Poland and other countries, unfortunately it is in German but there are English subtitles.

I have visited the baltic states and the USSR but it was in1978 so a bit out of date now and things
have changed thank god.

I recently gave some info in reply to query about Zakopany and Poland which you should be able to trace.
Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Dezi

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back