Beware ! 2nd wave might be building !

jagmanx

Yes a touch of doom and gloom but for the following reasons
  • Everyone is getting bored with Covid
  • Too much travel especially between countries
  • Surges and spikes in Spain and France - UK trend seems to follow their trends after a week or so
  • Too many people being too casual (Masks SD and more)
  • Not headlines any more
  • Government messages keeps changing
  • Nobody really knows what works !
Mainly no lockdown, not even partial.
The new normal is fast becoming the old normal !

Just conjecture based on many things
This graph from Spain plays a part in my thinking
Of course Spain is just one example so no real inferences apart from what MIGHT happen

1596072034972.png

Last edited:

jacquigem

No sign of this in France so far at least if you you take sensible precautions etc.

Tookey

Is there a reason why every body only ever talks about going south when going abroad, nobody ever mentions Scandanavia and now more than ever it seems like a good destination. Social distancing of 2 miles rather than 2m is available up there!

mark61

Is there a reason why every body only ever talks about going south when going abroad, nobody ever mentions Scandanavia and now more than ever it seems like a good destination. Social distancing of 2 miles rather than 2m is available up there!
It's a long drive, even Stockholm is almost as far as southern Spain, to get to the top, Lapland and NordKapp is as far as the bottom of Morocco.
Also pretty expensive up that way too.

jagmanx

Long drive and Norway is superb
Sweden is also VG both with lots of wilding
Sweden to Norway was nogo due to virus
Expensive yes but worth it and lots of time needed !

So YES but not now !

barryd

I think the sensible thing to do is just follow your own lock down rules and keep your distance. The trouble is other people. Some seem to be acting like its all over. It will probably never be over unless a cure is found. My rule is still maintaining the two metre rule, more if possible but the trouble is many seem to have just disregarded all that so I just avoid being around people. suits me anyway. couple of weeks ago unfortunately I had an unavoidable situation where I had to go to a business in an office and one of the workers came running up to show me something really close. I backed off and said "Whoa! two metres!". He, laughed and said "Not now! Boris says 1 metre now". I was already a bit rattled just being there and replied with something like "Fcuk Boris! My rule is two metres!!" I felt a bit bad as he was a bit taken aback.

Same with an elderly neighbour yesterday. The silly sod has had lung cancer, still smokes and is not a well man. Comes doddering over to me sat in my car with the window down and just leans right in to have a rant about something or other. I just said "FFS Dave back off! You have no idea where I have been!" keep your distance. I felt a bit bad about that as well so just tried to have a bit of banter and make light of it.

Social distancing is totally the key to this I think. Im seeing that just being ignored more and more. Is it that difficult just to stay away from each other?

Hallmut

I'm getting concerned, my holidays may be cancelled again, due to areas around West Yorkshire ignoring guidance. Like a lot of people, who have worked tirelessly, we are all getting exhausted. I hope people start to realise we have a long way to go yet. I also hope our Government, stop pussyfooting around, and get a grip on this, for all our sakes. 'Stepping of my Soapbox now'

harrow

I think the sensible thing to do is just follow your own lock down rules and keep your distance. The trouble is other people. Some seem to be acting like its all over. It will probably never be over unless a cure is found. My rule is still maintaining the two metre rule, more if possible but the trouble is many seem to have just disregarded all that so I just avoid being around people. suits me anyway. couple of weeks ago unfortunately I had an unavoidable situation where I had to go to a business in an office and one of the workers came running up to show me something really close. I backed off and said "Whoa! two metres!". He, laughed and said "Not now! Boris says 1 metre now". I was already a bit rattled just being there and replied with something like "Fcuk Boris! My rule is two metres!!" I felt a bit bad as he was a bit taken aback.

Same with an elderly neighbour yesterday. The silly sod has had lung cancer, still smokes and is not a well man. Comes doddering over to me sat in my car with the window down and just leans right in to have a rant about something or other. I just said "FFS Dave back off! You have no idea where I have been!" keep your distance. I felt a bit bad about that as well so just tried to have a bit of banter and make light of it.

Social distancing is totally the key to this I think. Im seeing that just being ignored more and more. Is it that difficult just to stay away from each other?

Dave your neighbor, I was on a chemo ward 35/40 years and people still smoked as the chemo drip was going in, the harm has already been done by that time let Dave enjoy his cigarette if that's what he wants, he know what caused the cancer. :cry:

Tookey

I'm getting concerned, my holidays may be cancelled again, due to areas around West Yorkshire ignoring guidance. Like a lot of people, who have worked tirelessly, we are all getting exhausted. I hope people start to realise we have a long way to go yet. I also hope our Government, stop pussyfooting around, and get a grip on this, for all our sakes. 'Stepping of my Soapbox now'

I think this is an attempt to try and regulate numbers congregating for Eid celebrations.

The authorities are reluctant to identify a particular community for fear of a backlash, but the covid hotspot maps make it clear that Asian communities have higher numbers of cases. I also appreciate that many Asians live in high density areas where likelyhood of cross contamination is increased even when following guidelines. Please do not interpretate this as racism, I know the M65 corridor towns very well and am familiar with West Yorkshire and this is an observation and not an ethos.

Tookey

Unsure why above comment has become part of Hallmuts text, just wanted to be sure that people were aware it is not his comment if it causes offence

harrow

Agreed, my parents were both in WW2 a sergeant and a corporal and this has become our world war,

yorkslass

We are in partial lockdown again along with much of Manchester. The trouble with all these places is there is a lot of multi generational living with many working together In close conditions. We are now in a situation here where health and economy are conflicted.

Tookey

Well Rossendale has now been included in increased lockdown so that bins my theory about trying to reduce cross contamination during large Eid celebration gatherings

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:206)

channa, Edina, mark61, mygrassisblue, scampa, mfw, Philredcar, Geeky Philip, mistericeman, AdriaTwin, mjvw, Tookey, fiona68, phase3begins, DorsetDrifter, Alberto, ajb70, keith49, undertaker, jacquigem, Derekoak, Scotia, toasty, rugbyken, Sharon the Cat, Debroos, st3v3, colinmd, Gadabout2, yorkslass, ian1950, Jeff G, Android, dane, jqp, Adria home, barryd, Moped, Victor, GMB, groyne, Tim120, mariesnowgoose, Bigshug, Ignatius, iampatman, Nidge, Yelto, in h, TeamRienza, trixie88, wildebus, dunfillin, Deneb, GinaRon, 2cv, Matchlock, mofish, Tapfitter, Hallmut, MollsPhot, runnach, jeffmossy, Justjack, antiquesam, trevskoda, Toffeecat, Fisherman, Canalsman, thebeeman, molly 2, hanger18, Jayg, myvanwy, korky, Fazerloz, alcam, jeanette, Broady59, Val54, Carrerasax, ton27, eeek, Monkeybrand, witzend, harrow, Haaamster, Jalfa, Mikael, hmssnake, GreggBear, 1807truckman, Goggles, tripper, caledonia, Neckender, terrywolf, campervanannie, jann, Clummzie, Tezza33, iandsm, Wheelie, mickymost, Bouydog, ChrisInNotts, oppy, zzr1400tim, Chip, peerie77, izwozral, WendyD, Luckheart, sherry, mikejay, Biggarmac, Bd95, Andysm, Larnie, Nabsim, Jacko2912, smg, mrdon, david0412, maureenandtom, Moonraker 2, Matt SW, yorkieowl, kas, TangoGypsy, Sailorpedal, MrRush, marmionassoc, vtwinner, yorkscol, jbm, TTCamper, Jon474, Northumborman, Ironjaws, charlie356, Lloopy1, TonyBrown1948, Ken Parsons, Rutaria, Gabbie, kdr67, grasshopper, Ron333, Rivertowy, Handel10, Harleyboygaz3, BGMitch, WillyO, afws, kyran, Dexta, AllanD, Beldea, ozbit, FarWest, kenno, Austin J2, Sky, RSD7a, Pedalman, suem, londontavern, wrp, GWAYGWAY, Millmoll, your mum, Pronto, devopete, JVG, twink, lenmcd, roadroamer, VandA, rayreyno, Steeb54, jpdlin, Tonybvi, Robmac, Quest4Camper, Poacher, Cheepskait, Pinkshell, Skiptonian, Standringt, Wooie1958, Raptor107, spigot, Wully, campingfun, slade, Forcesixwindy, zidane1, flying kipper, denmar, davep10000, Hwar Onan, Theiceman, Mark135, Gazzr, Jimmyc,