Best place to source a mirror back?

Sharon the Cat

Is that even the correct term?
It's about time we got a new black plastic bit for one of our wing mirrors, after our last trip along the A82 alongside Loch Lomond. (Yes, somewhere there is another MH with a matching broken bit.)
Van is a 2016 Peugeot Boxer 335 Zuckoff TL HDI.
IMG_20220115_104247.jpg

Get a mirror from breakers yard, I had to get a set from Dublin posted up as a swine took my drivers on of over the sperrins and drove off, fecken transit driver.

Get a mirror from breakers yard, I had to get a set from Dublin posted up as a swine took my drivers on of over the sperrins and drove off, fecken transit driver.
I think my days of using breakers yards are long gone and Phill is at work all week.

3d printing based on the lh side and mirrored.
Gaffer tape and fibreglass
Flexible plastic persuaded to fit ?

I kept the originals as they are better made, and the covers make them more visible although some git still managed to tw** them a couple of weeks ago, just left a black mark on the covers.

The sprinters has 3 or 4 pieces, theres a lot to fish about. Lol breakers yards are not assessable. They are on line. And posted out next day

Is it any one of these Sharon?

£19.98 delivered - order placed thank you.
Unfortunately this site wanted £8 for delivery but thanks for the suggestion.

I'd glue it back together and get a set of white covers that's what I did.

Unfortunately, too many of the bits got left on the tarmac for that option. :cry:

They will take it of for you, mirrors are mega bucks new.
It's only the cover Trev. We managed to avoid smashing the glass, thank goodness. All sorted now for £20. Time and petrol taken into account not much more than a breakers would have been.
We haven't got a breakers yard near us. In the days when I worked in an office I could see one from my desk. This was very handy back in my days of driving old bangers.

Think that stretch of road from Tarbet is one of the worst graveyards for mirrors, I always try to do it in daylight if I can.

Think that stretch of road from Tarbet is one of the worst graveyards for mirrors, I always try to do it in daylight if I can.
not sure if it's legal but i usually fold driver mirror in for that stretch, in case of sightseers coming the other way with long arm mirrors! :confused:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back