Best compact binoculars.

FULL TIMER

Opticron are good we have some which are pocket sized. If you don’t want to spend a lot then buy a pair of 8 x 30 Carl Zeiss Jena binoculars ( east german). Optics are excellent and whilst they are not as modern looking as todays binos they do the job.
I'll agree with that I have a pair of the zeiss 8x30 in the van all the time, along with a few others

GWAYGWAY

There is not a lot you can do when the rubber starts to break down, it's also quite unpleasant to touch. I had a pair of binoculars that went tacky, I kept putting talc on them as a temporary solution then just got sick of doing it and dumped them.
When the green rubber went tacky, I used them a bit longer but had to give up in the end. I sat down and using my nails and other items carefully scraped the residue away and kept at it until they were cleared of the muck. Horrible feel and I cannot understand why they put it on there as I know it always happens.

ricc

When the green rubber went tacky, I used them a bit longer but had to give up in the end. I sat down and using my nails and other items carefully scraped the residue away and kept at it until they were cleared of the muck. Horrible feel and I cannot understand why they put it on there as I know it always happens.
cos 9 out of ten will trot out and buy a new pair

izwozral

Whilst looking for binoculars I spotted a £29.99 pair on Amazon called Kylietech 12x42 and noted that they had the facility to take photos through them using your mobile phone, which I thought would be useful, however, I dismissed them with the 'you get what you pay for' mindset.
Because they are so cheap I bought a pair yesterday and have to say they give the Steiner Safari 10x30 a good run for the money. I haven't tried taking any pics through them yet but the light, clarity and quick focus aspects are superb, punching well above their cost. I would have been gutted to have spent the rrp of £220 for the Steiner's, even though they are better. Just not £190 better!
If you want a pair of cheap binocs, the Kylietechs have got to be one of the best pair for the price.
They also carry a lifetime guarantee!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)