Best compact binoculars.

izwozral

Looking for a good pair of compact binoculars for long distance viewing. I would love a pair of Swarovski but at £1800 it's a big no-no. Any recommendations? And no, they are not for peeping tom-ing!
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

R0B

I usually carry one of these in my pocket or on a lanyard when out and about. Easy to use and a bright image. https://www.amazon.co.uk/HA3935-MONOCULAR-NATURE-Epitome-Verified/dp/B01ATKCD28/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

caledonia

I bought a pair last year. Bushnell Nature view 8x42. My budget was £100 and can highly recommend them. Clear sharp image and nice an robust.

mistericeman

We have a pair of Jessops own brand 8 x 40s in the van for general useage.... And the celestron C 90 scope for a spot of night sky observation as well as daytime use for further away stuff.

trevskoda

My house is full of them at all prices,what i can tell you the the £16 pair bought at a car boot sale are miles better than the ones costing me squillions.

Reactions: Alf

izwozral

My house is full of them at all prices,what i can tell you the the £16 pair bought at a car boot sale are miles better than the ones costing me squillions. Send me the £16 pair and I will look into it. 🙃 I got a pair of Steiner from the auction, really good make but they have gone a bit hazy with age.

iampatman

I’ve got a pair of Steiner Safari Pro 10X26 which are superb but not sure if they still make them. Which is obviously of no help to you whatsoever 🤣 Pat

saxonborg

Opticron are good we have some which are pocket sized. If you don’t want to spend a lot then buy a pair of 8 x 30 Carl Zeiss Jena binoculars ( east german). Optics are excellent and whilst they are not as modern looking as todays binos they do the job.

trevskoda

Send me the £16 pair and I will look into it. 🙃 I got a pair of Steiner from the auction, really good make but they have gone a bit hazy with age. Thats your eyes silly t*^t 😂

colinmd

A pair of Swaro CL 8x25 compact bins will cost around £500. Gives us a size and budget and then we can give some advice.

GWAYGWAY

We have a set of Canon 10X30 auto stabilised, imported from the USA for a LOT less the canon UK charge. Only problem was that the green rubbery surface went tacky and needed removing after a few years, the actual optics are brilliant. I would like to have had the 10X50 but never mind.

izwozral

A pair of Swaro CL 8x25 compact bins will cost around £500. Gives us a size and budget and then we can give some advice. Certainly no more than 10x40. I am happy to pay up to £200 and not averse to buying 2nd hand so could be looking at a pair of £500 bins for a lot less.

izwozral

We have a set of Canon 10X30 auto stabilised, imported from the USA for a LOT less the canon UK charge. Only problem was that the green rubbery surface went tacky and needed removing after a few years, the actual optics are brilliant. I would like to have had the 10X50 but never mind. There is not a lot you can do when the rubber starts to break down, it's also quite unpleasant to touch. I had a pair of binoculars that went tacky, I kept putting talc on them as a temporary solution then just got sick of doing it and dumped them.

colinmd

Certainly no more than 10x40. I am happy to pay up to £200 and not averse to buying 2nd hand so could be looking at a pair of £500 bins for a lot less. That's more of a mid size, at that price range I would normally be looking at Hawke Endurance ED's, but I saw this offer a couple of weeks ago, not looked through a pair myself but have read good reviews, if I get to see a pair and they are as good as reviews might be tempted, but I would never buy unless personally looking through a pair. https://www.birders-store.co.uk/kowa-bd-xd-10x32-prominar-binoculars.html

witzend

We have a set of Canon 10X30 auto stabilised, imported from the USA I ordered a microphone from USA several yrs ago and got caught for import duty which wasn't so bad until the Post Office charged £20 to collect it

Tezza33

We have a pair of Jessops own brand 8 x 40s in the van for general useage.... And the celestron C 90 scope for a spot of night sky observation as well as daytime use for further away stuff. Just found this on offer at Currys for £49, reduced from £109 for a limited time https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras-and-camcorders/photography-accessories/telescopes/celestron-travelscope-80-22030-cgl-refractor-telescope-black-10192757-pdt.html?awc=1599_1579681286_529d7c7320a304b80196d2e73d4aca23&srcid=369&xtor=AL-1&cmpid=aff~HotUKDeals~Communities%20%26%20UGC~47868~Pepper+Deals+Ltd

• Thank You
Reactions: REC